PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Quest VIII anyone?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Monty Mike
July 7th, 2006, 11:28 AM
Being in the UK I've only just picked up this excellent game. Has anyone else played it?

*currently level 15 at Simpleton* :D

Fuxxy Elf
July 7th, 2006, 12:13 PM
Am playing it, but picked up FF 1 and 2 for Gameboy so have been distracted. Was enjoying it though, loved the humour especially the dude who's like Ray Winstone and the sexy allure of the woman can't remember their names it's been so long since I picked it up. Must get more timne to play, rpgs take up so much time.

Jumbo Frendie
July 9th, 2006, 06:44 AM
RPG'S do take up time, FF1&2 for gameboy were enjoyable though..

Rob B
July 9th, 2006, 06:18 PM
RPG'S do take up time, FF1&2 for gameboy were enjoyable though..
How is this relavent in any way to the question mike asked at the beginning of this thread?

Fuxxy Elf
July 10th, 2006, 02:03 AM
I mentioned that whilst I had been enjoying Dragon Quest I had made the mistake of purchasing FF 1 + 2 and that had distracted me. I was not trying to take the discussion down the usual FF vs every other rpg route, simply commenting that RPG's take so much time they take over your life and it's very difficult to fit two in at once.

Anyways, this thread prompted me to pick up DQ again and have fell right back into it. The game is really hard though. Some of the monsters are impossible if you haven't done to much training on the battlefield. Though the humour of the game really enhances the experience, like the cats that might attack or might preen themselves instead, which helps with the difficulty. Have got to the town where everyones depressed and I'm trying to climb this mountain, but with nowhere to save and lots of hard monsters, it is proving most challenging.

Well worth purchasing though, if you like RPG's.

Muess
July 10th, 2006, 04:42 AM
I haven't played it yet but I think this may be the game that finally gets me to buy a PS2. Is it worth it in your opinions?

Fuxxy Elf
July 10th, 2006, 09:28 AM
I don't know if it's worth forking out for a PS2 alone, but there are plenty of good games unique to PS2 that make it a worthy purchase.

If you like hard RPG's but that have a sense of humour then Dragon Quest is for you. If you like good actioners then God of War is a must. If you like wierd puzzlers then Ico and Shadow of the Colossus are well up your street.

Jumbo Frendie
September 9th, 2006, 02:29 AM
Looks to be a good game, definately my style. Currently playing an in-depth round of a new copy of FFVII, but may look into DQ after.