View Full Version : Pirates of the Caribbean 2 [SPOILERS]

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

sic's mom
July 9th, 2006, 10:10 PM
Well we just got home from seeing the new one Dead Man's Chest. I will say that I absolutely loved it! It was non stop action is one of the things I can definately say for this one. And not to spoil it for anyone, now I can't wait till the third one comes out. So who else has seen it and what did you think of it?

Evil Agent
July 10th, 2006, 01:00 AM
So far I've heard positive things from members on this site.. but read some negative reviews, and heard some negative things from a few friends.

From what I hear, it's supposedly too long, boring, and has no ending (obviously its a cliffhanger of some sort for part 3).

I'll still check it out, and personally, I hope its good. Because so far, 2006 has been the worst year for big blockbuster films in a long time. Da Vinci Code = big disappointment, Superman Returns = bigger disappointment, X-Men 3 = I liked it a lot, but apparently the consensus opinion is that it was a disappointment. Now they're saying the same about Pirates. Oh well...

I'm starting to look towards next summer, with Transformers and Spiderman 3! Both those teaser trailers are available online.

cheese
July 10th, 2006, 01:07 AM
Not enough action scenes in the first three quarters of the movie to satisfy my taste. Stupid plot, really doesn't add anything to the trilogy (third one is coming out next summer), and about 30 minutes too long. It also tries to hard to be funny at times, and Johny Depp more pissed me off in this movie then amused me (like he did in the first). The computer graphics were pretty good and when their were sword fights and action it was decent.

Soon Lee
July 10th, 2006, 01:37 AM
Not as good as the first, is indeed a bit too long & ends on a cliffhanger.

Apart from that I enjoyed it. 7/10

Aelden
July 10th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Oh yes.. definitely a good movie! Check out the below link for the plot of PotC 3... although you probably coulda figured it out just by the second one.(quite honestly though, some of Davy Jones' crewmen creeped me out)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0449088/plotsummary

cheese
July 10th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Oh, for my rating I would give it a 7.5/10. I probably would of enjoyed it more, if I didn't get stuck sitting next to a bunch of rowdy teenagers ( basically my friends :D ) who talked WAY to much. It was still pretty exciting at parts and overall I thought it was good. I think the third movie needs to be a bit better then Dead Mans Chest though.

mrwizard
July 11th, 2006, 04:04 PM
I'd say a 7.5 is about right. I've heard from a few people that saw it again that it gets better with age.

Evil Agent
July 11th, 2006, 11:14 PM
I've heard from a few people that saw it again that it gets better with age.LOL. The movie is only 4 days old! :p

Aelden
July 12th, 2006, 02:52 AM
LOL. The movie is only 4 days old! :p

However! I have a friend who went to see two showings of it the same day... that's a little bit too crazy if you ask me :D

=-=Aelden=-=

Aelden
July 12th, 2006, 02:52 AM
LOL. The movie is only 4 days old! :p

However! I have a friend who went to see two showings of it the same day... that's a little bit too crazy if you ask me :D

=-=Aelden=-=