PDA

View Full Version : Dragonlance Fans Unite!!!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Zsinj
July 18th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Fellow DL fans, the moment we have been waiting for has finally come! Weis and Hickman's Dragonlance Saga is finally being adapted into movies, albeit animated ones, here's the link to the info straight from the horse's mouth at gamingreport.com:

http://www.gamingreport.com/article.php?sid=21543

Evil Agent
July 18th, 2006, 10:12 PM
Well, as much as I'd have loved to see a very well done live action movie... let's face it: they would mess it up. I can see it turning into some horrible cheesy embarassment like the D&D movie.

Here's hoping the animated format works out. I love how they specify that its an adult animated movie. That's a good sign.

So... are they only making a movie for "Dragons of Autumn Twilight"? Its been about 6 years since I read the books, but wasn't that just the first book in a trilogy? Do we know if they're planning on making two more?

Zsinj
July 19th, 2006, 04:59 PM
I don't know, I would assume they would be at least making two other movies based on Dragons of Winters Night and Dragons of Spring Dawning, but they haven't said anything about that yet. That's awfully wierd. I would have thought they would have presented it as a trilogy.

Muess
July 20th, 2006, 04:42 AM
In all likelyhood they are just making the first one for now and will see how well it does before commiting to the next two.

saintjon
July 21st, 2006, 06:51 PM
I can't wait to see some samples of the artwork. I'm actually feeling better about a good animated movie than I would about a live action one.

Evil Agent
July 21st, 2006, 07:55 PM
True. It will be seriously cool to see what the characters will look like: Tasslehoff... Tannis... etc.

It's been about 6 years since I read the book, and I don't remember all that much of it. But I do remember enjoying it, and being entertained.