Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Electro_chic
July 23rd, 2006, 07:53 PM
Hi all!
Im new here so hello and all of that...

With that said...I was wondering if I could get a little help remebering a series back in the 80s...
The series in question came about around the same time as the series "War of the worlds" It involved a man who came back from space journey to mars and didnt care for all the crime in the world so he became a cop. He and his friend made this car and this suit and he faught bad guys. I thought it was a good series but I can not remember its name. It apparently got canceled after posb 1 or 2 seasons.

Also does anyone know if steet hawk and automan have been coverted over to dvd?

Please email me if you have the answere under_clocker@yahoo.com

Thanks
Electro_chic

Yobmod
July 24th, 2006, 03:03 AM
I'm assuming this is a TV series?

No help from me as i don't have a TV, but moving it to a different forum may help? (Mods?)

Electro_chic
July 24th, 2006, 10:28 PM
I'm assuming this is a TV series?

No help from me as i don't have a TV, but moving it to a different forum may help? (Mods?)*** Odd answere.

???is this not the sci-fi forum? it was a sci-fi show so one would assume that this is the correct place or am I mistaken?
And I might ask that if you dont know the correct answere to the question and are aware that you do not know the correct answere then why bother to put you shoe in your chomppers? IN other words I am looking for an answere and you dont have a Roos idea of what I am talking about yet, you replied? Not that I wish to be rude but it seems rather silly as you yanks might say to reply as you have... It was a scifi show that I thought was quite entertaining and I simply wanted information about the name of the series so that I might be able to get the vhs and convert it over to dvd myself. and that would be fair dinkum...IF perhaps I have come to the wrong place then sorry mate. But It said sci-fi forum when I checked...

Laters then
Or rather
Peace out

Electro_chic

PlanetRetcon
July 24th, 2006, 11:56 PM
I think your reply is a tad too def/offensive. He was just asking for clarification and giving a very good suggestion.

I have never heard of this series either. It is possible that people in the TV forum who for whatever reason don't read the Sci-Fi Literature forum will know the show.

From the best I can tell, neither Street Hawk nor Automan are on DVD, nor have any announcements been made about doing so.

*edit* You said "Show" so I suppose we can assume TV show *edit*

Ropie
July 25th, 2006, 04:28 AM
I would suggest binning this thread. The guy clearly has clearly mis understood that Yobmod was trying to help and his over reaction and use of the phrase 'you yanks' doesn't warrant any further helpful replies as far as I'm concerned. Without the yanks there wouldn't be any Street Hawk or Automan!!

grechzoo
July 25th, 2006, 05:30 AM
that reply was a little out of order,

yobmod simply stated that it isn;t in the correct forum, which is correct, this is a forum for books,

yes its about sci-fi, but why reply like that when yobmod said absolutely nothing provocative or offensive.

Yobmod
July 25th, 2006, 07:00 AM
Maybe if i edited my reply to be offensive, this thread would have more coherence?

btw, I was thinking this request would do better in the TV and Film (http://www.sffworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9) forum here at SFFworld. Oh, and i'm not a yank - not even American.

tdeanatoz@yahoo
July 25th, 2006, 03:29 PM
"electric chic" comes off as someone who has only previously posted on MTV-style chatrooms. "Science Fiction," to many young people, only seems to refer to media, etc. I agree with Ropie: delete this thread.

Electro_chic
July 25th, 2006, 11:27 PM
Oh woops I didnt realise I was in the dingo room...
Well It said sci-fi so it made since to me that- that was broad catagory.
Strap me down and give me 5 lashes on the bum...Im a bad Sheila :(

As for my reffrence to the term yanks. Well I mean that only in the dearest sence...and really If had not been for GB there would be no AU or American Colonies...So if it will make the little fellow feel better I will give a little hug and a kiss on the cheek a swat a bum and off you go...and say tootles Im not the kinda shelia that above appologizin to the bloke. and thats dinkum. Im not a larrikin so dont let me start off on the wrong foot n all. Gettin my undies in a snag(as you ____would say- course snag means somethin dif to us but ok)

And in responce to the bloke who said that- with out us yanks there would be no automan or street hawk. Well with out GB there would be no Dr who and without Au has contributed our fair share too...

So its a miss understandin mates
Hugs and all that.

Electro chic

grechzoo
July 26th, 2006, 06:03 PM
dr who isn't that great,

oh and great job being a big man and apologizing so graciously