PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cruise as Iron Man?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

mrwizard
July 26th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Has anyone else heard this rumor? I don't know if I see it working. I guess it makes sense since it automatically means people will see it.

Evil Agent
July 26th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Please god no.

And contrary to what you say, it doesn't necessarily mean people will see it. Tom Cruise is at an all time low in popularity, and he is personally blamed with the bad boxoffice numbers for Mission Impossible III. It got good reviews, but suffered because people are starting to hate Tom Cruise.

Scientology, the Katie Holmes/Oprah Winfrey appearance, and his ongoing rants against Psychology, are what did it I guess.

Rob B
July 26th, 2006, 07:48 PM
This was the rumor about two years ago. Since then it fizzled.

Ouroboros
July 27th, 2006, 10:32 AM
I read recently that Cruise is definitley off the cards, and that an unknown is likely.

I certainly hope they play up the alcoholism angle. Particuarly the occassional bit of 'drunk driving' in the Iron Man suit.

Word is that the adaption will include at least some material involving the earlier-design suits.

kater
July 27th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Seeing as there hasn't been a previous Iron Man film it seems likely they'll hit the origin angle first then delve into his bottle problems if a second or third film is viable, as for Cruise - I think he's too short :D

chimpee
June 7th, 2007, 05:00 AM
if Tom Cruise was a super hero of any kind, he would be Captain Cheese, or Lord of the Cheese, or He Who Maketh All THings Cheesy or He Who Taketh Something Good And Turneth It Into Cheese

suupaabaka
June 7th, 2007, 06:55 AM
if Tom Cruise was a super hero of any kind, he would be Captain Cheese, or Lord of the Cheese, or He Who Maketh All THings Cheesy or He Who Taketh Something Good And Turneth It Into Cheese

You forgot The Incredible Cheese, Supercheese, Cheeseman, Dr. Cheesypus and Cheeserine.

ArthurFrayn
June 7th, 2007, 10:35 AM
I assume these addtional posts are just singing the praises of Cru-sazy...

Everyone knows IronMan is Robert Downey Jr, yes?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0371746/

suupaabaka
June 7th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Yep... It's just difficult to resist the opportunity for some Cruise-bagging. :D

chimpee
June 7th, 2007, 09:26 PM
i stand corrected :) There would also be I Am The Cheese, The World According To Tom Cheese (audio books available), Cheese Me, Cheese-o-saurus, Who Cut The Cheese...okay now i'm getting silly hehe