View Full Version : Hogfather Movie

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Dwemer
August 8th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Looks like imdb.com is listing a Hogfather movie in the works. I hope we get it in the states. Does anyone know if this is going to be a theatrical release?

Hobbit
August 8th, 2006, 02:39 PM
Last I heard, Dwemer, was that it was a production by and for Sky Television, so it looks like it'll be shown there (ie: on satellite) in the UK and Europe first - elsewhere, who knows?

Hobbit

Fuxxy Elf
August 8th, 2006, 02:54 PM
David Jason (Del Boy in Only Fools and Horses) is playing Albert and Ian Richardson as Death. Sounds great, though I was praying for Christopher Lee like the cartoons. Never mind

Hobbit
August 8th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Actually, Ian Richardson IMO is a pretty good choice, though, as you say, perhaps not as good as Mr Lee: for those who don't know Mr Richardson, see HERE. (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0007183/)

(If you look on the photo, on the left. The other person is Martin Landau).

Hobbit

Dwemer
August 8th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Last I heard, Dwemer, was that it was a production by and for Sky Television, so it looks like it'll be shown there (ie: on satellite) in the UK and Europe first - elsewhere, who knows?

Hobbit

Doh. Well, one can always hope for a Region 1 DVD release.

Dwemer
August 9th, 2006, 10:43 AM
My mother informs me that in the US, the Hallmark Channel will have it at the end of 2006.

Hobbit
August 9th, 2006, 01:47 PM
That is good news!

There's a good chance you'll see it before me at that rate, being satellite-less.

Let's hope it's as good as it could be. :)

Hobbit

Werthead
September 22nd, 2006, 05:06 PM
The Hogfather website (http://www.rhifilms.com/property.php?propertyId=Hogfather) is now up and running, featuring photos from the production.

Dwemer
September 23rd, 2006, 01:44 AM
Wow! Thanks for that link. The production stills look amazing. Of course, after Star Wars III, I learned that looks can be deceiving. Hopefully this does the book justice, or at least is a well done adaptation.

Faeriekins
November 17th, 2006, 05:49 AM
I know this is a long time after the first message, but the magazine SFX is doing a big thing about it in it's next issue.. Which I think is released on the 22nd of Nov.