View Full Version : The Battle for Kaio

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Amufi
August 18th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Here's how it goes:
Basically, just add on and have fun! Remember to keep the main character, but feel free to add others and change the plot or whatever. Let's just see what happens to the poor fellow with high hopes.

Amufi
August 18th, 2006, 08:53 AM
His long sword hung loosely along his side and with each step of his white stallion his armour shifted slightly on his broad shoulders. He knew today would change lives and he hoped he would live to see tomorrow.

"It's a nice morning, isn't it Kaio?" Ivor was riding along side him and when he spoke a cloud of breath escaped his thin lips.

"I wish I was back on my land right now, but I know that day will be long in the coming." When he replied his stallion called out in joy from hearing his master's voice.

The meadow that lay out before them was vast and the other side distant and high. How were they going to fight uphill? Many of the men had asked the night before this same question and were hardly settled when the generals told them to have faith and ride all the same. This was war and they all knew that war means blood and death. For Kaio war meant victory...

Elspeth
October 6th, 2006, 01:41 AM
Eyes watched the army gather at the bottom of the slope. Then, quietly, the creature to whom the eyes belonged too slipped away.
It had news for one who needed it.
Its thin body wove through the grass easily, and it barely registered the arrows and shouts from below as someone saw it. No measly arrow would ever be able to kill it.
It was Salseth.

kged
March 12th, 2007, 11:54 AM
edited to remove post - because it was rubbish. Couldn't figure out how to delete the post...

WaspDog
March 18th, 2007, 06:49 AM
Salseth slithered it's way across the bumpy, uneven ground at the foot of the hill, then undulated smoothly into the cover of the nearby trees. Hidden from the full glare of the midday sun, Salseth savoured the coolness of the forest and the few moments of respite it had gained between hiding from the enemy forces and reporting to it's impatient master.

Kaio felt a thump on his shoulder. He turned, then followed Ivor's pointing finger, catching the end of a long, winding creature as it disappeared into the forest at the foot of the hill.

"Salseth", Ivor muttered, his voice grim.

Kaio frowned and loosened his sword in it's scabbard, testing the blade for easy drawing.

"Must be reporting back", he said. "So Gashine can't be camped too far away."

"We should take some of the men with us", said Ivor, nodding toward the small group of men standing at the top of the hill, exictedly talking amongst themselves and pointing down towards the spot at the forest's edge into which Salseth had disappeared.

"No time", said Kaio, spurring his horse and rushing down the hill in pursuit of Gashine's fleeing spy.

"God's guts", cursed Ivor, digging his spurs into his horse's flanks and rushing after him.