View Full Version : Feedback wanted for book in progress

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

MIauthor
September 18th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Hello everyone,

I am in the process of writing my first book. I have 13 chapters in about 250 pages (5.5 x 8.5 size) typed and it is near the mid way point of the story. I am planning on going through Infinity Publishing once it is completed. I would like to get some feedback on what I have completed so far, to test the waters sort of speak on possible readers. Anyone interested please contact me by PM to MIauthor and I'll arrange to send you a copy.
Thanks,

Brian Lauer

Egomancer
September 18th, 2006, 02:37 PM
Send it to me at: agireada@newrosoft.ro and I will review it...

Egomancer

JBI
September 18th, 2006, 03:28 PM
Try writing forum. (Read the rules at the top)

GreyMantle
September 18th, 2006, 03:29 PM
It sounds like it might be fun, but maybe you could give us all a brief description of what your little masterpiece is about?
Is it New Weird, Urban, Dark Fantasy, Epic Fantasy, Sword and Sorcery, etc.
You also might want to move this thread to the Writing Forum. There's a large amount of like-minded souls out there, so you'd probably get more feedback.

KatG
September 19th, 2006, 09:42 AM
Brian, I have edited your post and removed your email address from it. It's not a good idea to put your email address up on a thread. Members interested in reading the work can send you a PM -- private message -- on the forum, (Click on User CP on the menu at the top) to your member name, and you can exchange info and make arrangements that way.

BrianC
September 19th, 2006, 11:21 AM
Tell you what, bump this thread when you have the story finished (first draft) and I will be happy to read the entire first draft and give you a critique.

ETA (responding to below): Again, I'd prefer to read an entire first draft, (and happily so) and not make comments on an unfinished story.

MIauthor
September 20th, 2006, 09:10 AM
To All,

Thanks for all of the remarks so far. I apologize for neglecting to elaborate about the topic of my book. It is somewhat of an epic fantasy I would suppose. A crystal that gives its weilder god-like abilities has been destroyed and council that was responsible for making this happen have found out that there is a wizard trying to collect the fragments of this shattered crystal and use the unique properties of each fragment that he obtains to furhter his quest for domination of the known world. The council then decides to send five of their best on a vast quest to seek out the fragments before this wizard can. Conflicts with relationships, political schemes, deception and plenty of fighting sequences abound thoughout the story giving it a kind of rollercoaster feel. The world environment is similar to what you would see in Lord of the Rings or those that have played some of the older final fantasy games, it is similar to that as well. I already have intentions of a sequel and possibly a trilogy if it turns out well. I'd like to leave some things unresolved in the first book for that reason. Anyone that is still interested just contact me and I'll get a copy prepared and e-mailed out to you.

Thanks,

MIauthor