View Full Version : Gaming achievements that you are proud of

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

gollumbells
September 28th, 2006, 10:01 AM
I completed MGS2 on european extreme. Snake didnt have stealth and he was hindered by a cold No rations at all, Olga kills you in one shot Fortune eliminates all obstacles within seconds Vamp is just pure utter beef and then in the final bit where you team up with snake you have no rations of course and 3 hits and your dead. health carries on to the next part of the double team. And then I think i counted 23 or 24 MG-RAY units to destroy.
Solidus was fairly easy, just took time. Vamp was way hardest.

Put down your own achievments.

saintjon
September 29th, 2006, 06:34 PM
I was pretty proud when I beat Mafia, that was a tough final level.

My other proudest moment I guess was this out of control killing spree me and my friend ran went on in SW Battlefront II. we pretty much wiped half the enemy team by ourselves, took a cp, got jumped by Grievous himself, killed his ass too, ran started to disconnect as we were going for another cp, and could only watch as one of the enemy team snuck onto our team and killed me from behind. Oh wait, that's my angriest moment. hehe....

Beating Street Fighter II for the first time was a pretty proud moment back in the day.

JamesL
September 30th, 2006, 04:57 AM
Completing Gargoyle's Quest on the original Gameboy. That game is so freakin' hard that even all the magazines were stumped. One even offered a prize for someone who could do a walkthrough. Yeah, so it is a very hard game...but I managed it. I was only like 12 as well.

Other than that...I guess I'm proud of the fact that I completed Pagan Ultima VIII when I had no manual and no idea of how to play the game. Ah, good days...

kater
September 30th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Beating Tekken 3 on the hardest difficulty without losing a round. Also one of the most genuine gaming moments I've had was having to plug my joypad into the second port to beat PyschoMantis on MGS1 on PS1, took me ages to figure out and really showed serious genius on the part of the programmers.

Blackadder
September 30th, 2006, 05:29 PM
I won a compotition on a local LAN-party some years ago. Warcraft III was the game and it was adrenaline all over the place. I was shivering the whole last round :) Ah, good memories.

kged
October 3rd, 2006, 07:25 AM
Taking Stockport County from the direst depths of the lower leagues to Premiership champions and European Cup contenders in five seasons on LMA2002. Come on you Hatters!

gollumbells
October 3rd, 2006, 09:38 AM
I remember MGS1 on hard mode. Never did it on extreme. may have to go back on it.

It was all fairly easy apart from raven the second time. Without the radar it was tense and i was shaking most of the way through, especially when he was nearly dead. he nearly killed me because he randomly turned out in front of. In the end i killed him with a claymore.

Street fighter II hardest mode. That felt good.

NeoGenesis33
October 4th, 2006, 11:57 AM
I managed to beat 7 Hard enemies (no cheats!) on the old Star Wars Gallactic Battlegrounds for PC. Took 28 hours (not including sleeping/eating breaks) but finally I mannaged to vanquish the last of 'em.

FuzzBunneh
October 7th, 2006, 04:55 PM
*feels like uber dork posting in this*

;)

The one I yacked on about most was my completion of one of the missions Rogue Spear.. I can't remember what difficulty level I was playing on, but I know it took me about a week; basic idea is that you have a theatre with a couple of hostages on the stage, evil gun-totting terrorists on the stage, in the galleries and audience, etc.. and naturally, more baddies swarming backstage. One wrong move and everyone dies - basically have to dispatch about ten guys in the space of a second with a team of five people or so. It took me a huge amount of tries to get the synchronization right, but once I had, damn.. I looped the recording afterwards ;) That final "GO GO GO" practically send shivers down my spine.

Yeah, gimme a break, I was young ;)

JamesL
October 7th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Taking Stockport County from the direst depths of the lower leagues to Premiership champions and European Cup contenders in five seasons on LMA2002. Come on you Hatters!

Ah, that reminds me of of another of my achievements!

I took Plymouth Argyle from the old 2nd division to Premier League glory, and then into Europe. I had Zidane playing for me at the ripe old age of 37. He was still awesome. It was Champ manager...season 2002/2003 I think. The red one. Spent hours playing that game...