View Full Version : Spoooon!!!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

ArthurFrayn
October 4th, 2006, 07:24 PM
The cartoon Tick is finally available on DVD-at least in the states:

http://www.amazon.com/Tick-Vs-Season-One/dp/B000FS9MVK/sr=1-1/qid=1160004145/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-6600753-8309648?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

So maybe it wont be long overseas. :)

Soon Lee
October 5th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Cool.

Still prefer the comic best though the cartoons were nigh invulnerable.

Really dislike the live action version.

ArthurFrayn
October 5th, 2006, 05:04 PM
I quote the Tick as often as Seinfeld. Which is all the time.:D

Miriamele
October 5th, 2006, 07:05 PM
The Tick cartoon is very funny! My favourite episode is the one where the Tick and Arthur lose their arms...:D

My husband is a big fan, but I don't think I'll be getting him the DVD for Christmas--judging from the reviews on Amazon the DVDs are poor quality and completely devoid of extras. Which is really too bad.

I agree with you Soon Lee about the movie. We rented it when it came out, and couldn't believe how disgracefully awful it was.

ArthurFrayn
October 5th, 2006, 09:11 PM
--judging from the reviews on Amazon the DVDs are poor quality and completely devoid of extras. Which is really too bad.

Well if you have them on tape, you're set, but don't wait for any special DVD release; it took this long for one to be released at all. I think the DVD transfer is fine though. Extras are always nice, but the set is cheap.

My favorite ep is "The Tick vs. the Tick" where they go to a super hero nightclub, and he has to knock heads with the club owner's brother Barry, a superhero wannabe who also calls himself the Tick. Hilarious stuff.

The voice talent on this cartoon is top drawer.

Miriamele
October 5th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Well if you have them on tape your set

We have then downloaded, good enough. :)