PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell: Double Agent

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

SubZero61992
October 13th, 2006, 01:15 PM
I heard it is to be released sometime this October where I live (US), is anyone else anticipating it?
I've seen some pictures that discourage me, like Sam in his ninja uniform and goggles but nothing covering his bright white, bald head.

If you've read the books, he also uses cars so I hope maybe thats in the game somewhere.http://tech.moneycontrol.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/double%20agent.jpg Yeah, Im 60+, so what?

kater
October 17th, 2006, 08:57 AM
No vehicles it seems but an interesting gameplay mechanic in a branching system dependent on how you take certain actions as a deep cover operative plus your need to balance missions set you both by the terrorists and special ops. I think Splinter Cell needed to be freshened up a lot so while it doesn't appear to be a radical departure for the series it is nice to see them trying something different with such a successful franchise, I rate Ubisoft highly as a developer.

Blackadder
October 17th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Read the books, loved the games, can't wait for the fourth.

cheese
November 8th, 2006, 09:25 PM
I played Double Agent on the weekend, I found it to be pretty good though with limited experience to the Splinter Cell games before-hand it was a bit hard at parts. I think the graphics are well done, though it sort of feels linear at some areas, and I wish there were more ways to kill enemies without guns (that sort of sounds creepy :D). From what I could tell the gameplay didn't seem to different from the last Splinter Cell game (though I hardly played the last one, I rented it once).