PDA

View Full Version : Websites

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Avi Morgan
October 21st, 2006, 02:21 PM
I'm working on a website for me and Charlie (yep, I'm multi-talented, alright) and I'm wondering what kind of pages are usually found on a writer's website.

If anyone has any suggestions, or links to some writer's site's I could check out, I'd appreciate it - the only I can find are major published writers who have some major web designer or super-fan with too much flash software running their sites.

Dazzlinkat
October 21st, 2006, 04:45 PM
Have you thought of going for myspace or a yahoo page first?

Avi Morgan
October 21st, 2006, 05:49 PM
I've got a blog at livejournal, but I'm good with websites and enjoy making them any way.

Are you saying I shouldn't? :confused:

Dazzlinkat
October 21st, 2006, 06:20 PM
No, I meant maybe start with a page in a very public spot ... you can always add a link from there to the site your building. You want as many people as possible to notice you so they will come to your site. Otherwise, you could have a really awesome site with little or no visitors.

Avi Morgan
October 21st, 2006, 06:22 PM
oh! Well, that was the plan. Hence the blog :D I'm really just curious as to what I should put on the site exactly -.^ hm...

JBI
October 21st, 2006, 07:44 PM
The first and most important thing is clearity. Do not have flashy animations and sounds going. Use a light background and clear text. On the site, you should have stuff about your work, about you, and about fantasy in general. If you are posting things to be read, make sure they aren't dumped in an archive, but instead neatly orginized and labeled.

James Barclay
October 23rd, 2006, 07:36 AM
By all means look at mine if you like. I've tried to keep it simple and having a forum is very useful too. But even though it is not a massive site, I still struggle to keep it up to date enough. That is certianly something to bear in mind. I have many plans but some of them need less musing and more delivery...

www.jamesbarclay.com (http://www.jamesbarclay.com)

NOM