PDA

View Full Version : Is a 360 worth getting for sports games?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

NoWeakness
October 23rd, 2006, 11:11 PM
I mainly only play sports games. I don't even care about online play because me and my brother usually just play each other or I'll do a dynasty mode or something.

Is this $500 system worth it?

kater
October 24th, 2006, 11:13 AM
As good as any, it has some unique titles - Rockstar Table Tennis for one, but if you're going to stump up for a new console just on sports games then I wouldn't bother with 360. Ninety percent of sports titles are released on multiple platforms and the old consoles - PS2, Xbox and Gamecube will be a much cheaper option. You may want to try a Wii when it comes out just because it will be a unique way of playing sports and co-op titles.

NoWeakness
October 25th, 2006, 05:19 AM
I don't like the looks of the Wii controller. I don't want to be swinging my arms when I play a game.

Right now I'm getting all the new games on Gamecube and my brother gets them on PS2. The next gen graphics are so amazing though. Looks like a real game.

kater
October 25th, 2006, 08:27 AM
I think the Wii controller will be fun, you can swing a sword with it or hit a baseball - there are so many possibilities. I'm not sold on better graphics when the games, particularly EA sports games, remain fundamentally the same.

cheese
October 29th, 2006, 11:27 PM
I don't like the looks of the Wii controller. I don't want to be swinging my arms when I play a game.

Right now I'm getting all the new games on Gamecube and my brother gets them on PS2. The next gen graphics are so amazing though. Looks like a real game.

As much as I like the sports games on the 360, they really don't add much in new features or expand the depth of the game. For the most part it is just improved graphics on the 360 (they are really good though :) ) with nothing new revolving around gameplay. If I was only going to get it for sports games I would wait at least a year for a price-drop.

Jarrett17584
January 9th, 2007, 02:22 PM
I think the Wii controller will be fun, you can swing a sword with it or hit a baseball - there are so many possibilities. I'm not sold on better graphics when the games, particularly EA sports games, remain fundamentally the same.

Actually there was a poll and a lot of the people who own a WII ended up with wrist problems:(

JBI
January 9th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Not to mention broken plazma screens from swinging the controller. I read somewhere that the wrist straps and things are faulty and the controller has a tendancy to fly out of ones hand.

Muess
January 12th, 2007, 03:38 AM
Nintendo has offered to replace any faulty straps and all Wii's except those from the initial batch produced have a more heavy-duty strap. The controller itself has no tendency's but if you were to have a tendency to let go of it while moving your hand rapidly, yes it will fly! :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_6180000/newsid_6182000/6182059.stm

kater
January 12th, 2007, 06:35 AM
I genuinely don't understand, unless you're one of the ten sweatiest people in the world playing on a Wii, how you need to use so much force playing any of the games that it flies out of your hand and wipes out your TV. Having finally played on one last week (Wii sports rules) I never once felt the controller slip.

foolofgold
January 13th, 2007, 01:58 PM
A 360 is worth getting simply for Gears of War.