PDA

View Full Version : T9 mode...

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

strikeone
October 25th, 2006, 05:26 AM
Are you using t9 predictive texting when sending text messages? I find much quicker to use than the multi-tap method.

Jaffa
October 25th, 2006, 11:48 AM
I can't not use T9 it totally confuzzles my brain having to select each letter individually!!

FuzzBunneh
October 25th, 2006, 12:31 PM
T9 confuses the hell out of me, and it doesn't lend itself very well to multi-lingual texting.. having to switch dictionaries every message or so? No thanks!

I got used to the tap tap tap method when I first started using mobiles, and try as I may, I just can't switch over to T9.

PlanetRetcon
October 25th, 2006, 04:52 PM
I can't t9 either, but I hate the tap method. I wish it was always a 2-tap method. First, the key with the letter on it, then the key with that letter's position on the key. So, to do 'e' it's just 3, 2. 's' is 7, 4.

'Book' right now is 22666(pause)66655. My way, it's 22636352, no pauses.

Oh well, nobody asked me at the time. That's what they get :p

FuzzBunneh
October 25th, 2006, 06:17 PM
What happens if you want to write "de"? ;)

Double tap: 3 - pause - 3,2
Currently: 3 - pause - 3,2

I actually can't stand the pause.. I hit the arrow button to move on to the next letter ;) My old Motorola had trouble keeping up. The sad thing is, I don't actually write that many text messages.

strikeone
October 25th, 2006, 10:52 PM
I have found a great T9 tutorial site http://www.t9.com/learn/ I didn't know that using T9 is very simple and it's really a quick way to do texting than the multi-tap method.