PDA

View Full Version : Need testreaders/critique-ers for current work.

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Protagonist
October 28th, 2006, 01:54 PM
I'm working on a story called the The tragedy of Faust. It's a fantasy concerning the accension of a young necromancer, the choices he makes and the trouble with his past and future. Also the obstacles in his path.
It's looking as if it's going to be developed in to a trilogy but this is uncertain as at time of post I'm at about 14,000 words and seven chapters in. Iím longing to know if itís interesting and can engage readers. It's only in first draft form so any editing tips would be welcome.
I'm looking for pros and cons with the story so all comments will be welcome.

Anyone interested please pm you email address so I can send you a copy.
Cheers. :D :D :D

Ranke Lidyek
November 1st, 2006, 12:40 AM
Whatever you do, do NOT rewrite until you finish your draft. I think it would be better to finish the entire novel without looking back. Write with excitement. Feedback most of the time ends up being a bit subjective and it often causes a writer to question himself.
When writing a first draft, don't stop or question. Write with excitement and from the heart. The readers will sense that enthusiasm as a result.
Afterward, then shop for novel exchanges and critiques.
Two good websites for critiques are:
critters.org
onlinewritingworkshop.com (I'm lucky enough to have won an editor's choice for a SF piece of mine there. Good, consistent feedback that can help when you're ready to edit).

Again, keep writing and don't stop! If you start looking back it will kill your desire and original impulse.
Luck!