View Full Version : 1 Oct. 2007 for A Dance with Dragons on Amazon

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

farnÚs
November 10th, 2006, 08:29 AM
I just came across this on Amazon. Is this more or less the exact date that the book is going to be published or is it something I shouldn't take to serious?

Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dance-Dragons-Song-Ice-Fire/dp/0002247399/sr=8-14/qid=1163165485/ref=pd_ka_14/202-0433605-4040611?ie=UTF8&s=books

Banger
November 10th, 2006, 09:50 AM
I wouldn't hold much store in it, as the release date for A Feast for Crows was set on Amazon for various dates in 2004 for awhile.

However, based on Martin's most recent updates (he hopes to have it finished by the end of 2006), Fall 2007 does accord with his timetable.

Hobbit
November 10th, 2006, 10:21 AM
George regularly points out at his website that he will be the only official source of such news - everything else is pure speculation. As this is.

Long term Martin readers will remember the orders for Feast when it was due out in 2003....

... so I guess it is possible, though definitely not definite.

Hobbit

Evil Agent
November 10th, 2006, 06:37 PM
As Hobbit said, the only official information is at georgerrmartin.com (http://georgerrmartin.com), in THIS (http://georgerrmartin.com/if-update.html) specific section.

Sure, we can hope that Amazon's date turns out to be true, but to do anything more than hope would be pointless.

JamesL
November 10th, 2006, 06:41 PM
I think this is a reasonable date for release, given the current stage GRRM is at with the writing, but of course only he knows and I'm sure he'll reveal all in due course.

Brahm_K
November 10th, 2006, 08:33 PM
Don't ever, ever, ever trust Amazon for release dates. They regularly make them up; as others have said, the only site to trust is www.georgerrmartin.com

SusanRae
November 12th, 2006, 04:49 PM
*sigh*

The Amazon dates are never right. However, it still reminds me how long I'm going to have to wait for this book to be out. I doubt it will be out sooner than what they have listed.

Ah well.

Werthead
November 12th, 2006, 06:43 PM
My understanding is that Bantam and George himself are keen to get the book handed in by the end of December or the end of January at the latest, which would allow for UK publication in late June/early July 2007, with the USA following 4-6 weeks later. Obviously this is completely dependent on if George does get the book finished by this time. However, the fact that recently he's stopped saying he's 'writing' the book and is now working on 'finishing' it is hopeful. Essentially, when GRRM announces the book is finished, expect publication to follow 5-6 months later.

October would be at the later end of possible release dates, but certainly possible, especially if the publishers decide to target the Christmas market. It's been pointed out that no ASoIaF book has been published before a listed Amazon release date, only after (although several of the Malazan books and I believe one of the Wheel of Time books have been published earlier).

Evil Agent
November 12th, 2006, 10:00 PM
The Amazon dates are never right. However, it still reminds me how long I'm going to have to wait for this book to be out. I doubt it will be out sooner than what they have listed.I don't mean to be a downer, but I think we all might as well just accept the long waits for these books. The two books after DANCE will probably take much longer (considering that nearly half of this one came from the edit of FEAST).

The only option is to find something else that's good to read, and just don't think about it. The books will get here when they get here.

Dace
November 14th, 2006, 10:21 AM
I'd have to second your pessimism here. if you consider that dance is, in effect, the second half of book four, and that book three was published in 2000, we could be in for a long wait for the winds of winter. it will be some task for george to take ALL the characters from where they are at the end of feast/dance to a point where the end is in sight.