New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

daigoro
November 11th, 2006, 02:40 AM
A new Spiderman 3 trailer has just been released. Check it out here
http://www.sffworld.com/news/308.html

Evil Agent
November 11th, 2006, 03:19 AM
I have a love/hate relationship with movie trailers. I'm excited about the film, and so I want to see something.... but at the same time, I hate how many spoilers they include. I often end up disappointed in the theatre, because I've already seen many of the coolest moments.

I felt like this new Spiderman 3 trailer showed a bit too much.

Also, I'm a bit disappointed because it doesn't seem like Venom will be in this movie, afterall. It seems like the bad guys are Sandman and the new Goblin, and I assume the movie will end by setting up Venom for the next installment....Spiderman 4.

Bond
November 12th, 2006, 11:55 PM
I've tried to dial down my expectations dramatically for this third installment because I simply cannot see it topping the exceptional second movie. I figure anything coming after that one is bound to come off worse.

sic's mom
November 14th, 2006, 06:55 AM
I saw it the other night, and I will say it looked good to me. I have loved both the movies and hope they keep making good ones. I was hoping this one was going to be about venom, but yeah it doesn't look like it. So we have till May to find out. Lets just hope they don't do like the Batman movies did, the first two pretty good and then just went downhill from there.

musick
November 14th, 2006, 08:31 AM
It looks pretty good. To date the franchise hasnt really interested me but this looks dark in counterpoint to the cheesy highschool movies I thought them to be. I have always been a fan of Venom, so it will be interesting to see how far the symbiote story line will get before the end of the movie. I heard that the sequel was filmed at the same time, Im guessing this will deal with venom if he dosent make an apperance in part 3.

Brahm_K
November 14th, 2006, 07:56 PM
Spoilers concerning Venom's place in the movie (whether he's in or not):

Venom does appear in this film. He was shown at the end of a little trailer that was put together for a comic convention by Raimi. Looks pretty cool, too.

As well, there is no sequel to this being filmed at the same time. It is uncertain whether there will be a Spiderman 4, since Dunst has said this is her last one for sure, and Maguire has said that he thinks he doesn't want to do more after this.

Now, onto the trailer: I wasn't a fan of the first two Spiderman movies. The first one was completely cheesy; way too much for my tastes, and not in the charming way that some movies can get away with. The second was a bit better, but it wallowed too much in angst. This trailer has got me excited though; the symbiote suit plotline is a great one, and will add some much needed maturity to the film. Added to other things (like what was detailed in the spoilers above) and this looks to be pretty damn sweet.

Wulfa_Jones
November 15th, 2006, 05:32 AM
I really enjoyed the Spiderman 1 & 2, with Spiderman 2 being one of the best superhero comic book films ever made (not a hard title to earn really though!).

I thought Spiderman 2 had the right balance - Spiderman/Peter Parker is an angst filled character and I felt this was well portrayed.

Spiderman 3, based on the trailer, looks pretty cool. Internet reports our quite confusing in regards to Venom - some claim that he does feature heavily in the movie but the trailer would seem to suggest that this isn't the case as I think 3 bad guys and the symbiote plot line would totally overwhelm the film.

Rami and co have all claimed this to be there last Spiderman films... while change of leads doesn't both me that much (while Maguire was prefect for the role, I never really saw Dunst as Mary Jane), the loss of Rami is a worry as Sony will no doubt want to continue the series for as long as it's profitable and will have to replace him. You'd think it would be a no-brainer to make a good superhero film, but that doesn't seem to be the case. As long as the don't hire Ang Lee, Brett Ratner or Paul WS Anderson....