PDA

View Full Version : FF7 Dirge of cerberus

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

gollumbells
November 14th, 2006, 06:54 AM
I have pre ordered this from woolworths for 20 including home delevery.
Hopefully it is great (and i can play it with a broken wrist that is half mended)

Muess
November 15th, 2006, 05:45 AM
Hmm.. I think you may be disappointed. It's a action game so might not be ideal with flimsy wrist and the overall reviews have said it's pretty average.

A shame since I love FFVII but then again it's just the reveiwers opinions, your milleage may vary :)

Sourced for truth: http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps2/dirgeofcerberusfinalfantasy7?q=dirge

Merancapeman
November 15th, 2006, 11:47 AM
Truth be told, it's a really fun game. As a great fan of the FF series (hardcore, if you will) it was somewhat satisfying. Don't get me wrong, the story lacked power and zest, the characters that were from the original FFVII were... well... out of character, and the gameplay was incredibly linear. It was simply heading down a path and blowing away some dudes from an underground group that would have been very out of place had it been introduced into original FFVII. The graphics were amazing, the weapon customization held a certain amount of satisfaction, and watching your foes become felled by your custom-effort is appealing. If you're looking for a fun game that did a better job than, say, Indiana Jones in the third-person shooter realm (although I'm an Indiana Jones hardcore fan as well, and that game DID hold a little more appeal), you don't mind an INCREDIBLY horrible Rusky accent, and if you're not paying attention to its botched up story, it's worth getting. Although, it might be more worth getting after it falls off of the shelves and into the bargain bin. However, I payed an insane 50 bucks for it (Hey, it was a buy-two-get-one-free deal, and I ended up getting Radiata Stories, a cheap game that ended up being the best I've played in a while) and don't REALLY regret it.

thefalcon
January 9th, 2007, 08:02 AM
Personally, I really enjoyed playing Dirge of Cerberus.

Or, lets put it this way: I enjoyed staring at Vincent Valentine every day, all day for...about a week.

While I'm not generally a big fan of third-person shooters, I didn't mind as much as I thought I would.
However, frustration set in when I was forced to play as Cait Sith, an adorable but utterly useless character.

Vincent Valentine deserves his own game...It's a must have for Vincent fans, and, well...FFVII die-hards might have a few problems with it, but it's still worth the money and the time.

Not to mention the undeniable fact that Gackt's song "Redemption" is the coolest song on the face of the planet...

Monty Mike
January 9th, 2007, 04:27 PM
I played this game briefly at a friend's house and was not at all impressed. Ok, the FMVs were nice, but how horrible it all got when the normal graphics kicked in. The fighting was repetitive and the system seemed to have failed at any attempts of novelty. Sure I enjoyed seeing Vincente and the other characters, but I don't think Dirge of Cerberus did FFVII much justice. Perhaps I have not given it a fair shot, but I could tell from the beginning that it wasn't going to be anywhere near what I had expected. :(

Alex Gibson
January 11th, 2007, 07:20 PM
It's a shame that Square Enix are making all FF games more arcade oriented. I suppose they just want to sell more games but I like the world map and random battles. I miss having to wander around for two hours before finding a save point. And I can't remember the last time I had to fight a boss that could actually kill me (and not just by using a nova beam to take everyone out). 11 was a disapointment for me and it looks like 12 will be the same game with different plot and no online fun. 13 looks amazing, I hope it's worth the wait/money/time out of my life.

Alex Gibson
March 5th, 2007, 07:15 AM
I take back that last post. FFXII is fantastic. arcade me up baby. And the fiends are indeed fiendish.