PDA

View Full Version : Guild Wars - Nightfall

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Solaar
November 18th, 2006, 05:54 AM
Ok, I'm new to online gaming (and I'm 30... jeez) but I've just bought two copies of Guild Wars - Nightfall, one for me, one for my dad - cos we both play a few online free games, such as UrbanDead.com.

But I thought I'd step it up and got the before-mentioned game. I know there are a thru threads on the previous games but I just wondered how Nightfall checks out.

Anyone?

Solaar
like a newbie again

JBI
November 18th, 2006, 08:34 AM
I have the original. played it for about 20 mins got bored and havnt opened the box again. (I got it for free so I don't care about getting my money's worth. My uncle works for a software distributer)

JamesL
November 18th, 2006, 12:24 PM
I played the original Guild Wars for literally hundreds of hours and had a great time. It's easily one of the best MMORPGS out there, plus its free which is a huge bonus. Overall it's a great game.

I then played the Factions expansion pack when it came out and although it was flawed in several ways, I still had a great time with what was a solid add-on.

When Nightfall was released, I rushed out and bought it despite not having played Guild Wars for a few months. I spent several hours playing it but my interest just didn't take hold and I quit. I think this is most likely due to the fact that maybe I've kinda lost interest in the whole Guild Wars thing, and I never really got out of the early stages of the game, which I found dull and way too familiar. But this is probably just me. The only valid criticism I really have is the way you can now equip glorified henchmen with armour and weapons - while this offers a highler level of customisation, I just couldn't be assed with the effort.

I've heard more than one player say it's the best in the series (though I doubt it, Prophecies will always be the best for me) and I'm sure for first time players it will be a load of fun.

I've not abandoned it and will hopefully pick it up again and some point.

Solaar
November 19th, 2006, 01:58 AM
Thanks JamesL - I've been after a game like this for a while and I think I've picked a good one. After christmas is always a slow time at work for me so I'm hoping to rack up a good few hours on it.

I'll let you know how I get on!

Solaar
the eager