View Full Version : Eragon

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Dragonz
November 20th, 2006, 10:11 AM
I was just browseing through here and noticed that there was no Eragon thread and I thought one was needed as it's coming out on the 15th Dec. Does the silence mean that no one is interested in it. Judgeing by the trailer I have mixed opinions about it. There does appear to be quite major deviations from the original story - such as Malcovich's character. Who shouldn't even be in the movie in the first place. But it does look like a fun movie and I'll certainly be going to see it when it comes out. Just wondering if they may have gone a bit heavy on the CGI.

saintjon
November 20th, 2006, 12:51 PM
I saw two trailers, one was a normal movie trailer only I missed the last few seconds I guess, the other was more like an infomercial about how you have no choice but to love this movie, which always amounts to bad marketing in my book.

Liathano
November 20th, 2006, 01:30 PM
I'm looking forward to the movie. I did like the books despite all the negative reviews I've heard.

saintjon
November 21st, 2006, 10:28 AM
I haven't read Eldest but Eragon wasn't bad. I could see the movie being better than the book actually. Like I said though that one trailer was just brutal.

Dragonz
November 22nd, 2006, 12:33 PM
I haven't read Eldest but Eragon wasn't bad. I could see the movie being better than the book actually. Like I said though that one trailer was just brutal.

I do have high hopes for this movie but I am a bit cautious never the less

Ahhhhh he's not so brutal really!

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p146/slateking/Eragon.jpg

There some crazy fire stuff going on with this though

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p146/slateking/SaphiraEragonfirebreathing.jpg

And the dragon looks good in here
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p146/slateking/AryaandSaphira.jpg

Still a little worried about certain parts of the CGI in this movie though. Hopefully they will have it looking great when it gets released

Dragonz
December 7th, 2006, 11:39 AM
So little opinion on Eragon. This surprises me - it seems to be somewhat of a contentious issuse elsewhare which I think it probably is. The plagerism vs non-plagerism factions seem to be battling it out

Evil Agent
December 7th, 2006, 01:15 PM
My guess is that perhaps not many people on this forum have actually read the book?

I got it for Christmas a couple years ago, and still haven't read it! Not sure if I'll see the movie, or even read the book before seeing the movie. I'll probably just go see the movie...because a good fantasy film is rather rare. (Although I don't know if this one will be good).

What's your opinion, Dragonz?

Liathano
December 7th, 2006, 03:29 PM
A little off topic on this thread but why don't they come out with more fantasy films?:confused: I know we are considered the "minority" in literature but the movies that do come out seem to be block busters & cult classics.

saintjon
December 8th, 2006, 01:25 AM
It seems to me that certain other books like Heroes Die would make a much more compelling movie.

PJS
December 8th, 2006, 05:23 PM
So there aren't really any opinions about the series? I was thinking of trying it out if its not terrible. At least so i can watch the movie.