PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix trailer

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

daigoro
November 21st, 2006, 07:31 AM
The trailer for the new Harry Potter movie has just been released :).

http://www.sffworld.com/news/312.html

sic's mom
November 21st, 2006, 09:11 AM
"Order of the Pheonix" was one of my least fave of the series. Lets hope the movie is better. But for such a large book, so much of it is going to be left out. The trailer looks good, but we have till July to see how it will turn out.

Evil Agent
November 21st, 2006, 10:40 PM
I have personally enjoyed the later books more than the early ones, so I'm definitely excited about the final 3 movies.

Still, I sometimes can't believe they're actually making 7 movies! This has got to be one of the rarest movie franchises ever... a complete, 7 movie series based on every single book! I remember being very confused when they made the first movie, because I couldn't imagine them possibly doing all 7, and with the same kids. But now it looks like they're probably going to pull it off.

Part of me worries that in the end, there will be too many Potter movies, and we'll get sick of it. The other half of me is excited about this rare series of fantasy adaptations, and can't wait to see them all.

JBI
November 21st, 2006, 10:54 PM
:p Potter movies are generally alright. I hope the music is as good as the first one (yes some people love music in movies, and the first one had quite a good composition for it's theme music.) The last movie aswell, was an excelent production, however the second was only a 3/5, and the third movie was a waste of two hours.

I can't imagine how they are going to compress the book into the time slot, but they managed to suprise me for the 4th movie, so this could very well work. I'm excited, and not so excited. I'm excited since the cinematography is going to be top notch, but I'm not excited since the plot and acting chances are is going to be as filthy as the book, or the third movie. To be honest I personally don't see Rowling as a very good author in terms of character, but steve cloves seems to adapt well. It's all a toss-up as to how good the movie will be.

Wulfa_Jones
November 25th, 2006, 02:20 PM
That is what I am wondering as well.... the book is rather on the large size and they are clearly going to have to lose a lot of plot and characterisation.

Konrad
November 28th, 2006, 09:51 AM
I can't remember. Is it a werewolf in this one? It's been a while since I read it and it was not good enough to be read again for another year.
Werewolfs are cool:o

Evil Agent
November 29th, 2006, 01:24 AM
No, the werewolf was in Film 3. This is Film 5.