PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else get a Wii?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

saintjon
November 21st, 2006, 10:37 AM
I just want to say that Wii sports is probably the most entertaining free launch of all times. I worked up a decent sweat on boxing the other morning (yeah I know I'm out of shape). The only thing I'm not really into on it is the baseball. I wish it was more of a complete baseball game I guess, and I haven't really figured out the pitching yet. The Mii channel is a lot of fun too, I've made Miis of all my friends and even some Naruto characters (it's pretty easy to bang a decent Rock Lee out of that program) I'm going on a trip today, hopefully to some place where Zelda is available (stupid remote location of residence...)

Overall I'd say it lives up to the billing very well. I was thrilled to find that my wavebirds do in fact work with the wii (jawesome) and not so thrilled that unless you have wireless router you have to wait to buy one of a couple different kinds of peripherals to get your wii connected. Oh well.

Evil Agent
November 21st, 2006, 11:45 PM
My co-worker lined up from midnight, and didn't get it until around 1 pm the next day. She came in to work about 3 hours late, and said that if the boss had ordered her to come in, she would have quit! :D

She's gonna bring it over to my house soon, and let me play it. I'm not a hardcore gamer, I just play my Xbox, but I'm very interested to try this new interactive style remote.

saintjon
November 22nd, 2006, 08:49 AM
Well in my case living up in the middle of nowhere was a double-edged sword. I showed up at Wal-mart an hour after they opened, there were still consoles available but not many peripherals, and not many games really either. It's cool with Wii sports being such a blast, I must say I've got the zelda itch pretty bad.

Had the first chance to try it with my family last night, everyone thought it was really cool, the greatest testament to the Wii's user-frienliness was that my mom was able to pick up the remote and do decently on golf and bowling (my mom is video-gaming impaired, which always bummed her out).

saintjon
November 24th, 2006, 01:55 PM
I just played through one of the most awesome action segments of all time in the new zelda, which I refuse to spoil. Let me just say though that mounted combat has NEVER been so good.

Muess
November 27th, 2006, 06:08 AM
Yeah Zelda looks awesome. I think I might have to borrow my mates Gamecube and buy it when it comes out for that next month :D

Evil Agent
November 27th, 2006, 02:57 PM
Ok, I finally tried it out! I only played the sports game (boxing, bowling, tennis, etc.), but it was pretty amazing. That new controller system is crazy! Possibly genius. I felt like I was really playing tennis!

I'd love to try some of the other games, like Zelda, sometime.

sic's mom
November 28th, 2006, 07:11 AM
The hubby and the kids went out and got it at midnight at launch and haven't stopped yet. The sports games to me, and I am not a gamer, are incredible. In fact my 13 and 15 year olds were complaining the other day about how much their shoulders ached from playing the boxing game. They bought Excite Truck and Zelda also and love them too. Zelda is a beautiful game and to play it with the new controller is just amazing. Haven't downloaded any games yet, but that I know is just around the corner.

saintjon
December 1st, 2006, 09:53 AM
Thanks to anyone who read the article I wrote, fortunately I had the week off so I had some time to contribute something for a change.

Miriamele
December 1st, 2006, 05:43 PM
How do you pronounce it anyway?

saintjon
December 1st, 2006, 08:25 PM
Same as when you say, "We laughed so hard we fell out of our seats at the Borat movie."