View Full Version : Help with finding a book

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

eastfielder52
December 14th, 2006, 01:03 PM
Hello all. I'm brand new here.
I'm looking for a book that I wanted to get my dad. We were talking one day about the books he used to read and there was one he mentioned but he couldn't remember the title or author. All he remembered was that the cover had a Chevrolet and a tractor-trailer on it and the cars were used to transport to different planets. It sounds so cool, but I can't find anything by searching from "chevy spaceship" and the like. If you know what book I'm talking about, please respond. My dad said he thinks it was published in the late 70s or 1980.
Thanks so much!

KatG
December 14th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Found it, I think -- "Starrigger" by John DeChancie. Original cover featured a 1957 Chevy with semi-rig and the blurb: Spacetruckers! Highballing the Skyway Between the Stars!

An artifact of a lost civilization provides the Skyway -- portals between worlds. A trucker of the Skyway is believed to have a map of the whole system of portals and is pursued for it. Sound right? Sounds fun, actually.

eastfielder52
December 14th, 2006, 01:55 PM
I think that is it. THANK YOU SO MUCH! Where did you find it??

Colonel Worf
December 14th, 2006, 04:10 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_DeChancie

eastfielder52
December 15th, 2006, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the link. I was able to find a semi-new copy of the book online. Your help is much appreciated! :)

KatG
December 17th, 2006, 06:16 PM
I think that is it. THANK YOU SO MUCH! Where did you find it??

I did a Google search -- Chevy, space travel, novel -- and it came up. Someone had reviewed it and a bunch of other titles. I didn't save a link to that site though, sorry, just checked out the info. I got curious from your description of the cover. It does sound like a fun book.