PDA

View Full Version : TMNT movie

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

sic's mom
December 18th, 2006, 08:37 PM
I cannot believe they made a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie. Just watched the trailer and must say it looks interesting. And now that my kids are teens and preteens they think it looks good. Just remembering 15 years ago when they were really big. I guess it is supposed to go the the darker side like the comics were. Supposed to be out in March.

JBI
December 18th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Have they not already made a few movies? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they have made atleast one.

sic's mom
December 19th, 2006, 05:24 AM
They probably have, I'm not real sure. But if you go by my kids' reaction they will have a whole new generation of fans. More fans=more money and isn't that the name of the game?

Wulfa_Jones
December 19th, 2006, 05:44 AM
They made 3 live action TMNT movies back during the hight of turtle mania between 1990 and 1993.

I remember them being good at the time but then I was ten years old at the time.

The new movie - TMNT is a CGI movie no doubt using the voice actors from the most recent tv series (which is quite good - much more like the original comic books).

juzzza
December 19th, 2006, 05:47 AM
I loved the comics and was very dismayed to see the whole 'Hero' turtles thing... like kids would be 'affected' by using the term ninja!

The comics were dark and covered many adult themes... interesting to see how this turns out.

Evil Agent
December 20th, 2006, 12:00 AM
There were 3 movies (live action, people in turtle suits), but I only saw the first two. The first movie was pretty awesome, and hugely popular with my generation when it came out.
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B0001K2LLU.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

This new movie looks neat, but personally it doesn't look quite as "dark" as I think it should be.

saintjon
December 24th, 2006, 08:40 AM
Any animated feature that has nothing to do with Disney will always get my attention. I'd like to see this new one to tell the truth. I used to be hugely into the turtles when I was a kid and it would be interesting to see a darker telling of the story.

Bree
April 24th, 2007, 02:39 PM
It was awesome.
I loved it.

I was never a diehard fan that never missed an episode, that was my brother. But the preview was so good I just had to see it. :D

Jolly
May 19th, 2007, 06:39 AM
I don't think I will like this movie. Although TMNT was a good show, I prefered it when it was cartoon. This one looks just a tad too much computerish stuff. My favourite character was Leonardo! Whoot! Haha. Although, Mickey was still pretty cool. I remember watching the TMNT show where there were people dressed in costumes pretending to be them. I don't really remember what they looked like, but I know I throughly enjoyed it :D

mariiisssa
October 15th, 2008, 07:27 PM
yeaaa.
i couldnt believe they made another tmnt movie.....an animated one too!
i perfer the original movies with real life people.
lol