View Full Version : Looking for a Book

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Archren
December 19th, 2006, 12:25 PM
A friend emailed me looking for help finding a book he'd been browsing:

I am searching a book I browsed into almost a year ago in a book store. Unfortunately, I had to leave for an emergency, the line at the cashier was too long, so I left it behind. Ever since I am searching for this novel. All I remember is that it was about a female scientist, who had a strange experiment/experience with a device in her lab. It was a tesseract. As she got more and more interested and intrigued, she got eventually trapped inside this construct. As much as I can remember, the enitre book took place in a modern research lab, probably in Northern California, Berkely, or UCLA, and can't recall any historical tangent in the subject matter.

That's all I have, no writer name or book title. All I know that it was a paperback.

I've already ruled out "Dante's Equations" by Jane Jensen, which was a long shot anyway. Any ideas are appreciated! Thanks everyone!

intensityxx
December 19th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Could it be As She Climbed Across the Table (http://www.amazon.com/As-She-Climbed-Across-Table/dp/0375700129/sr=8-1/qid=1166571716/ref=sr_1_1/102-5774507-8617758?ie=UTF8&s=books), by Jonathan Lethem? I haven't read it, but it sounds similar.