View Full Version : Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Davis Ashura
January 3rd, 2007, 12:08 PM
Oh please, please, please don't let this one totally suuhhuuuuccckkkk like the first FF did.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/fantasticfourriseofthesilversurfer/large.html

ArthurFrayn
January 3rd, 2007, 12:18 PM
Didn't like the trailer at all. Looked like same-O.

Hobbit
January 3rd, 2007, 12:18 PM
Saw this trailer the other day, Radone. I understand it's being shown with the US release of Night at the Museum.

This trailer makes me a little more hopeful about the second film. (I know, though - sometimes the trailer stuff is the best stuff!)

It'll be up against some stiff competition in the summer though: Spidey 3, Transformers and Potter.

Doesn't sound too hopeful, but fingers crossed.....

Hobbit

kater
January 3rd, 2007, 02:56 PM
I don't know which trailer that one is (sorry I have stuff running at the moment) but if it's the one with Johnny racing the Surfer then getting whooped at the end, I'd say you're wrong and this looks likely to be better than the first one by a ways. I'm looking forward to it, especially if it's 'bad' Silver Surfer who just happens to, you know, be the herald for Galactus an'all :D

Davis Ashura
January 3rd, 2007, 03:21 PM
Maybe if it does suck, we can still watch it on DVD and see the alternate ending where Galactus eats the Earth.:cool: (HT Jonah Goldberg)

Wulfa_Jones
January 5th, 2007, 05:47 PM
I didn't mind the FF film that much (then again I have seen the other effort...), it wasn't amazing but OK.

The 2nd film.... the trailer doesn't tell you much but if you know the comic book story you can guess roughly what is going to happen.

However, the Sliver Surfer looks pretty poor when compared to The Human Torch effect. I don't know if it's just early footage and not yet totally complete, but he didn't look very good to me.

I'll be interested to see how they end it... if Galactus does appear or is hinted at appearing in the next film (if there is one).

Galactus would be really hard to pull off!

Evil Agent
January 10th, 2007, 12:53 AM
I was incredibly excited when Marvel movies started coming out (X-Men, Spiderman, I even loved the much-hated Hulk, which I think is excellent). But I skipped Daredevil and Punisher altogether, and waited for Fantastic Four on DVD. I thought it was ok... maybe better than I expected. But still pretty average, and forgettable, overall. I doubt a second one would be much better. I'll probably wait for the DVD again.

Unless, of course, I hear some great reviews.:p

Wulfa_Jones
January 16th, 2007, 06:04 AM
Punisher wasn't that bad really, but then really all they had to make was an 80s action revenge movie.

The Hulk was pretty poor in my opinion.... I think they gave it to the wrong director. They made unecessary origin changes which required too much exposition and took up too much of the plot.

Daredevil was pretty bad, but then I hear the director cut was much better but I've never seen it.

Muess
January 17th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Can't really tell much about the plot from this trailer but I do love the Silver Surfer (I even used to have the original 60s SS comic series) so I will watch it to see what they do with him :)

I enjoyed Daredevil (Directors cut) the most out of all the recent Marvel movies.

SiberianSamurai
January 18th, 2007, 11:35 AM
I was incredibly excited when Marvel movies started coming out (X-Men, Spiderman, I even loved the much-hated Hulk, which I think is excellent). But I skipped Daredevil and Punisher altogether, and waited for Fantastic Four on DVD. I thought it was ok... maybe better than I expected. But still pretty average, and forgettable, overall. I doubt a second one would be much better. I'll probably wait for the DVD again.

Unless, of course, I hear some great reviews.:p

Finally! Someone else who loved the Hulk. I was beginning to think I was the only one. I thought it was a really incredible movie, and if you have read the comic books you understand how true to the original story the movie is.