PDA

View Full Version : Help identify forgotten novel

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Vayl
January 3rd, 2007, 10:53 PM
Many years ago, at least 30, I read a short novel but cannot now recall the title or author. All I remember of the plot is that the main character was a "Man" as opposed to a "man." Men with the capital M was a very distinctive feature of the story. Men, with the capital M, had phenomenal mental powers but they lived in secrecy like monks, hiding their abilities. Most of humanity, what was left of it, lived I think a fairly non-tech kind of existance. Earth had been overrun by an alien species, I think, and Men were secretly planning to win the planet back. That's it. All I can remember of the plot. Yellow cover. Very thin.... Ring any bells for anyone? I would like to learn the title of the book and its author if anyone can help. Thanks.

Vayl

Ropie
January 4th, 2007, 04:41 AM
All I can think of is that some of Cordwainer Smith's short stories (Scanners Live in Vain, for example) feature men and True Men. These are usually compiled in collections or anthologies.

Vayl
January 4th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Thanks, Ropie. Regretably, those stories aren't it. This was a short novel rather than a collection.