PDA

View Full Version : What's the last movie you saw...2007?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Monty Mike
January 9th, 2007, 05:37 PM
My apologies if one of these threads has been made for 2007, but I didn't see one.... so here we go!

The other day I watched Pan's Labyrinth which was excellent. Certainly recommend that to anyone, and even more to fantasy fans! :D

Evil Agent
January 9th, 2007, 09:14 PM
I've heard so much about it, I will check it out soon. It hasn't been released here yet.

I'm looking forward to quite a few films this year; Transformers, Harry Potter, Spiderman, Pirates 3, etc.

Evil Agent
January 10th, 2007, 01:50 AM
Just saw Children of Men. My first movie of 2007, and it was pretty awesome. Rather dark, a bit gloomy... fairly violent. (But some great humor and touching moments are provided by Michael Caine, who seems to be on some sort of career comeback). Clive Owen puts in a solid performance, as do the rest of the cast. Great directing (Alfonso Cuaron, who did Harry Potter 3). A gritty and dark look at a future 20 short years from now... I'd recommend it.

Bridie
January 10th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Just seen Perfume:The Story Of A Murderer, it was rather good. Quite dark, very weird and alittle bit confusing ( i havent read the novel its based on). I thought Ben Whishaws preformance was excellent, i also think it was beautifully shot.

milamber_reborn
January 10th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Serenity - In fact I bought it, and it's not often I bother to buy DVDs. Never got around to seeing it depite being a huge fan. I was not disappointed. Awesome film and does justice to the series. Hunted around for Firefly but it's release in Australia appears to be limited and copies are being snatched up too quick.

Evil Agent
January 10th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Good to hear the positive review, birdie. I read Perfume when I was 15, because I found out that it was Kurt Cobain's favourite book (and Nirvana was my favourite band at the time, in 1994). The book is awesome. I've heard a few negative things about the movie, but also some positive.. I will definitely be checking it out very soon.

Fuxxy Elf
January 11th, 2007, 07:14 AM
I watched Pan's Labyrinth last night. Far more popular than me and the missus thought, we couldn't actually sit together as it was too booked up. Loved the film, absolutely gorgeous imagery regarding the supernatural elements contrasted against some real harsh gruesome violence in the real world. And when I say gruesome, I'm saying that this film is not for the squeamish at all. Can't wait for Hellboy 2, Gullermo Del Toro is fast becoming one of my fave directors of recent years.

Nightblade
January 12th, 2007, 11:51 PM
I went and saw Night at the Museum yesterday. It took a while for it to build up to the appealing part of the film. It was fun but I'm not a fan of Ben Stiller nor Owen Wilson. It had Robbin Williams in it though! :)

CiciTj
January 13th, 2007, 08:24 PM
The last film I saw was Wallace and Gromit Curse of the Wererabbit....hehe...it's brilliant.

But the last fantasy film I saw was Hogfather, which I keep watching over and over and its still fantastic!

Gildor
January 17th, 2007, 11:42 AM
I watched on TV a few days ago Moonlight Mile (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0179098/), it wasn't really the kind of film i'd normally watch, but I found it really moving and romantic ...

I think there's something wrong with me :p