PDA

View Full Version : Yet another "What is this book" request

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

dbbarney
January 9th, 2007, 08:54 PM
I read a paperback a few years ago and can't remember the title or author so I'll just try to describe several events in the book...they may not be in any particular order:

There is an old man who has perfected the flying saucer and has very small humanoid servants who do his bidding. The old man caused the explosion at Tunguska. He may be Tesla, I don't recall. He has figured out how to extend his life well beyond his years. His saucers are what is causing all the UFO sitings and his little humanoid servants are what give rise to "alien" sightings. They have some type of a knockout ray that they are able to use on people to, uh, knock them out for one nefarious purpose or another. His saucer is made from a metal that has small perforations in it and it too rotates to cause it to fly.

I seem to remember ice breaking off of the Antarctic and causing a tidal wave that hits New Zealand first before going to destroy other port cities around the world. The old guy is Russian or German, a mad genius, and has a base in Antarctica somewhere and in this base is where the book wraps up the conflict.

The hero is military and he joins up with an old girlfriend (a scientist or something) to combat what is happening. They fly some experimental craft called the Chapparal or Coyote or something that starts with a C that is shaped like a big ring and rotates. They need to dress in body suits made of some blue material in order to stand the high G-Force speeds of this craft.

I don't remember the plot but it was fast-moving. Not the best book I've read but entertaining.

Anyone have any idea?

Mollyno
June 28th, 2009, 03:09 PM
I think your book is Genesis by
W.A. Harbinson

Hobbit
June 28th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Yeah, I'd agree with that one.

Synopsis: HERE (http://www.inkdigital.org/harbinson/project.htm)

Mark

dbbarney
June 28th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Thanks...now I just need to find a copy of the series. Thanks again!