PDA

View Full Version : I just bought...

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Monty Mike
January 10th, 2007, 06:01 PM
I'm surprised I couldn't find one of these threads here. Anyway, I just ordered Phantom Volume 1 by Cho, Seung-Yup; Lee, Ki-Hoon; published by Tokyopop. Should be here in the next few days. Just released yesterday (Tokyopop news). I'll review it for the comics section.

kater
January 12th, 2007, 06:52 AM
In the last week:

Desolation Jones TPB 1
Fables: Wolves
New Avengers: Collective
Transmetropolitan: New Scum

cheese
January 16th, 2007, 07:25 PM
I just bought:
Sandman vol. 1, 2
Death Note vol. 9. I have already completed this series, though I'm reading it again as it's being released in North America.
Basilisk vol. 2

kater
January 17th, 2007, 05:23 AM
Captain Atom kills the Wildstorm universe came through the post today :D

Monty Mike
January 17th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Old Boy Volume 1 by Garon Tsuchiya and Nobuaki Minegishi.

EDIT: Have since then ordered the next two volumes of Old Boy.

Monty Mike
January 21st, 2007, 07:37 AM
Just ordered:

Ode to Kirihito by Osamu Tezuka - this is an 800 page graphic novel that I had to buy after reading a little about it on amazon.

Buddha: Kapilavastu by Osama Tezuka - this is the first volume in the new Buddha series (2006-2007) that I'm pretty excited about (love the story of Buddha). I think the 8th volume is soon to be released.

Plop Fuzzle
January 21st, 2007, 09:25 PM
Every week I spend anywhere from 5 to 15 on comics so it is too hard to list them all. This week I got Y the last man, Spiderman, and something else. I'm still waiting to get Iron Wok Jan 21.

Monty Mike
February 23rd, 2008, 11:18 AM
Ordered Old Boy Volume 7 and 8 from Amazon. I've read them already but now I actually own the full series. Reading them through for the third time (lol how boring am I?). Not too keen on the way the manga ends (the film ending is excellent), but it seems to be growing on me with each reading. :D

Also ordered the first volume of Great Teacher Onizuka. Great series. Been a few years since I've read it.

Trigun Volume 1 on the way as well. I have pretty high expectations for this one from what I've heard. "One of the most popular mangas in America" etc, etc.

kater
February 29th, 2008, 11:09 AM
In the last two weeks - Walking Dead HC 3, Nightly News, Warren Ellis Apparat, all the Cable & Deadpool trades because some fool at Marvel decided to cancel the series :( and Criminal Vol 2 (best comic at the moment by some distance). I'm waiting for the new Punisher MAX HC to come out next week to make my next purchase.

redhead
March 1st, 2008, 09:24 AM
last week: Fullmetal Alchemist 13

this weekend i'm hoping to pick up an Action Philosopher's volume.