View Full Version : HBO Acquires A Song of Fire and Ice

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12

PJS
January 23rd, 2007, 02:25 PM
...my mind's eye casts Patrick Stewart as Stannis and Gene Hackman or Brian Cox as Tywin Lannister, Keifer Sutherland as the Hound. And Anthony Robbins (yes, Mr self help) as Gregor Clegane.

Haha very interesting. Kiefer Sutherland isn't exactly the most imposing physical specimen. I don't "cast" actors when I'm reading. Just kinda let the images create themselves. So with ASOIAF, with all the huge characters, I end up forming somewhat of a comic view of the characters. I mean Jaime has to be a pretty big guy to be able to outfight everyone. The Hound has to be bigger than him...and the Mountain is the biggest man ever... so I'm thinking bigger than Andre the Giant. I can still remember that description of him riding the horse in the tourney, with his feet almost touching the ground haha. But yeah..for a book like this.. I hope they find a lot of large actors. Ray Stevenson, the guy who plays Pullo in Rome comes to mind..at least for Jaime or the Hound. Good luck casting Gregor.

clockwirk
January 23rd, 2007, 02:50 PM
And don't get me started about the right actor to play Sandor :mad:

I always pictured Sandor as the guy who plays the bad guy in The Crow. You know, he has that really raspy voice and constant sneer. He'd take to a disfiguring facial prosthetic quite well. :)

Shadowguard
January 23rd, 2007, 03:45 PM
I always pictured Sandor as the guy who plays the bad guy in The Crow. You know, he has that really raspy voice and constant sneer. He'd take to a disfiguring facial prosthetic quite well. :)

I always imagined him as Richard O'Brian, the guy who wrote and played Riff-Raff in Rocky Horror.
Or as the guy who plays Mr. Filch in the Harry Potter movies.

Werthead
January 23rd, 2007, 04:57 PM
I always pictured Sandor as the guy who plays the bad guy in The Crow. You know, he has that really raspy voice and constant sneer. He'd take to a disfiguring facial prosthetic quite well.

George RR Martin has already said that he specifically 'cast' Ron Perlman (whom he met whilst working on Beauty and the Beast; Perlman is best known now for the title role in the Hellboy movie and its forthcoming sequel) as Sandor Clegane in his mind, just about the only actor/character he has done that with.

PJS
January 23rd, 2007, 05:23 PM
George RR Martin has already said that he specifically 'cast' Ron Perlman (whom he met whilst working on Beauty and the Beast; Perlman is best known now for the title role in the Hellboy movie and its forthcoming sequel) as Sandor Clegane in his mind, just about the only actor/character he has done that with.

I like it.

Evil Agent
January 23rd, 2007, 08:43 PM
Just a reminder, there is a 5-page thread about casting for aSoIaF, RIGHT HERE (http://sffworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13387). There's some really interesting ideas. Check it out.

nick1689
January 23rd, 2007, 08:44 PM
Ron Perlman? Nah.
Ive always seen Sandor as a long haired greasy buff guy who is really good with a sword. And now i dont know why after looking at everyone else's recommendations for him..
But we all know Joffrey has to be Tom Felton (http://imdb.com/name/nm0271657/). Its exactly how i pictured him, and hey he wasnt that bad in Harry Potter..

PJS
January 23rd, 2007, 09:03 PM
Felton is way too old. Joffrey's at best in his early teens. Feltons turning 20

nick1689
January 23rd, 2007, 09:51 PM
Felton is way too old. Joffrey's at best in his early teens. Feltons turning 20

Crap, he doesnt look that old in Harry Potter, i guess make up can do marvels these days.

MaCinJay
January 24th, 2007, 05:16 AM

Interesting. Ironically Perlman is so versatile he could play a whole range of characters.