View Full Version : Game music

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

gollumbells
January 17th, 2007, 05:16 AM
Aparantly there has been concerts where they play the music from video games. I was wondering if they have or are putting it on C.D

Muess
January 17th, 2007, 07:09 AM
There is shed-loads of game music available. It's very popular in Japan and reasonably popular in the West also. I'm not a huge fan but I do love the orchestral versions of the theme songs from Zelda and Chrono Trigger :)

Example: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/105-6585010-2542066?%5Fencoding=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=music&field-artist=Game%20Music

cheese
January 17th, 2007, 11:02 PM
Aparantly there has been concerts where they play the music from video games. I was wondering if they have or are putting it on C.D
Yep, I've listened to quite a few songs from video-games performed by actual bands. There probably are C.D.'s out there, but none I know of myself...Speaking of myself, I can play a pretty awesome version of the Mario Brothers song on guitar. :D

Nightblade
January 19th, 2007, 12:04 AM
I rather enjoy listening to game music. Some of favourites are from the original Unreal, Jeremy Soule and Xenosaga. :)

U-Borat
January 26th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Despite the lameness of the game compared to the 2k series, The NBA Live series has awesome music.

gollumbells
January 30th, 2007, 05:42 AM
The Amazon C.D's are just a bit too expensive. 30+ for a recorded CD.

I like the metal gear solid and Final Fantasy music. Also like the rayman music (first ps1 rayman)

Muess
January 30th, 2007, 06:27 AM
Yep I agree with you about the prices there but it was just an example of what's out there :)

gollumbells
August 6th, 2007, 02:51 PM
I have found my holy shrine of shops.

Theres a great game shop called gametron and he can order the C.D's in for me.

Already have Dynasty warriors4, Metal Gear solid1, FF12 and dirge of cerberus:FF7.

I have ordered FF1&2. They cost me 30, but i am willing to pay that because i dont trust internet banking.

On mylist to buy is

FF4,5,7,9,10
MGS2,3
Soulcalibur2
Red Faction1
Mystic Quest (if he can find it because its out of print)

These ones ill get last if i can be bothered or still have enough money

SSX3 (maybe. probably the last one ill get)
Sonic 2,Advance1
Mario

Have I missed any?

Esmenet
December 19th, 2007, 11:43 PM
I went to the Final Fantasy string quartet concert a while back and got a few signatures, and I went to a Nintendo concert, as well as a Psychonauts concert of some sort. Yes they put them on CD, but you have to import them from Japan usually. Or just illegally download them off the internet. I have the Okami soundtrack from Japan as well as Golden Sun. I bought those recently, and I have about 30 other game soundtracks. I love them.

gollumbells
December 27th, 2007, 03:57 AM
Yes they are good.

My Cd wallet is full. going to buy the soundtrack to granturismo 1 today.