View Full Version : Conspiracy Theories

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thoughtcriminal84
January 17th, 2001, 08:27 PM
all those things have been mentioned to me before, but none of them makes much of a dent in my belief (because, it IS a belief of mine) that armstrong and aldrin landed the eagle in the sea of tranquility that day. I don't have the information available at this time to argue the point reasonably, so I'll just shut up about it for now.

But like Arnold said: "I'll be back." http://www.sffworld.com/ubb/smile.gif

Too many theories to really talk about here on a fantasy board; or maybe, this is the best place to talk about them.

Another Conspiracy: Are we being visited by aliens? Heh.

FitzChivalry
January 17th, 2001, 10:57 PM
Heh, usually i don't take seriously all those conspiracy theories...
But few days ago i stumbled on a conspiracy page that was quite outdated... it said that the US army used Uranium shells in the Gulf War.
Of course at this time we already know it's true because the american government admited they use it and used it also in Yugoslavia. So it makes you think about some other conspiracies...

Rob B
January 18th, 2001, 01:19 AM
Don't know if it is quite a conspiracy or not but if anybody has read 1984 (IMHO one of the scariest books ever); but sometimes I wonder if we are just like the proles in the book, mulling about our "useless" daily lives, believing what we see in the media because that is what the goverment allows us to believe.

FitzChivalry
January 18th, 2001, 07:21 AM
Well, i wouldn't go as far as 1984.. but every government lies, it's only natural to hide things that can risk the country. The amount of lies naturaly changes from country to country... democracies probably have more things out in the open, and i suppose superpowers like the US has more secrets because they are more involved in what happens in the world.
The question is if those lies benefit the citizens of the country or harm them...

Rob B
January 18th, 2001, 07:37 AM
Watch the movie Wag the Dog if you want to see how to correctly hide things from your country. The timing of the movie was brilliant, when US was getting heavily involved in the Bosnia stuff.

As for NASA getting Kubrick to 'film' the moon landing (the moon landing was real) the government uses an acclaimed film director to put together the films that hide the Presidential scam in Wag the Dog.

[This message has been edited by FitzFlagg (edited January 18, 2001).]

Cygnus
January 18th, 2001, 12:17 PM
Fitz- Have you read Millennium Rising by the creator of the Gabriel Knight games, Jane Jensen? If not, I would recommend it. It's more apocalyptic than fantasy, but I liked it. I also like GK3, and found that whole theory interesting, especially since I'd never heard it before.

Metosblat
January 18th, 2001, 12:29 PM
Okay Now here comes a theory that will really, really get people angry. Escially those of you Germans or Israelites. Before I say anything I would just like to state that I am not an anti-semite, nor am I an anti-semite sympathiser. I'm Australian and none of that stuff really envolves me.

There's this guy who went on National Australian television claiming that the holycaust never happened, and this wasn't just some redneck racists, he was a 30 yr Veteran in the field of archeology. He says he visited the concentration camps and such in germany and he has been studying it for the past 10 years and there's no evidence that it actually happened. Offcoarse he was immediately under incredible nation wide critisism and no-one would really let him explain.
Now I don't neccessarily beleive in what he was claiming, but what really astounded me was that people immediately and almost nervously branded him a lunatic and wouldn't listen to what he was saying at all. They totally shouted him down and wouldn't let him explain why he thought this way.
There is alot of mystery surrounding the way Hitler died and what was done with his body, and i've always felt there's something missing in the puzzle.
I've always wondered if there was something we haven't been told about WW2.

Cadfael
January 18th, 2001, 05:10 PM
Metosblat... I understand it is not your theory, so the comments below are not directed at you.

But this guy you refer to should be hung, drawn and quartered. To suggest that the people who survived the holocaust are telling lies together, and also imply that the people who lost loved ones are part of a conspiracy. We should dissmiss this kind of crap, in case we become complacent, and it happen again, in fact, it has happened again, in Bosnia. I fully admit (and make no apologies for) to being very closed minded about this theory, I have read of it before, and treated it with the contemp it deserves.

Before anyone asks, I have no jewish blood or background, I feel this way as partof the human race.

[This message has been edited by dennizm (edited January 18, 2001).]

Dogbrick
January 18th, 2001, 05:33 PM
My favourite take on the JFK assassination comes from those creative dudes on Red Dwarf. In a time travel bungle, they materialise inside the Texas Book Depository where they startle Oswald, causing him to miss assassinating JFK. However, JFK goes on to cause WW3 and the complete destruction of the world. The Red Dwarf team have to again do some creative time travelling to convince JFK (before Nov 63) that he has to die for the sake of the world and it is JFK, not Oswald, who snipes himself from the Texas Book Depository.

Cadfael
January 18th, 2001, 05:47 PM
Now I don't know if that is just sick, spooky, or hilariious http://www.sffworld.com/ubb/smile.gif