View Full Version : Conspiracy Theories

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10

Pluvious
January 20th, 2001, 07:59 PM
I was walking down the street the other day and came across a dead squirrel on the side of the road. The next day it was not there. How long ago was world war II? From what I know most germans aren't proud of that war. You might think they spend some time cleaning up their mistakes.

FitzChivalry
January 20th, 2001, 11:46 PM
This is getting a little suspicious...
Are you sure you are not a nazi Metosblat?

Metosblat
January 21st, 2001, 03:49 AM
LOL! Why can't anyone discuss something without being accused of something?
If I talk to someone about the differences between men and women people call me sexist.
If I talk to someone about evolution people accuse me of being an atheist.
If I talk to someone about paranormal things people call me gulible.
If I talk against paranormal things people accuse me of skeptizism.
Why do people always have to find a meaning behind why someone says something?
To answer your question, No i'm definitely not a Nazi. I'm against any group who tries to minipulate innocent people into killing others. An other example of this are the Catholic church (probably the biggest cause of war in human existance, sorry to the catholics here but it's the goddamn truth and I will not take back that statement)
The only reason I brought up the subject was that I find it interesting how the government tried to stop him from speaking to the people, like they didn't trust us to make up our own minds, and I thought you'd find it interesting too.

FitzChivalry
January 21st, 2001, 09:08 AM
Yeah, i was patient enough at the beginning, but you kept argueing his point... a point that seems pretty unrealistic to me and only someone who really wants to believe it can believe that, considering the millions of witnesses that can tell you that the holocaust did happen. And there are many evidence, pictures, big crematoriums, piles of bodies, and many graves with thousands of people that were found.
So when someone keeps argueing his point against more than convicning evidence i must wonder to what his real motivations are.
And frankly you being a nazi or you being just a regular guy that is gullible enough to believe such things doesn't really matter, both cases are dangerous to society.
My opinion.

Rob B
January 21st, 2001, 11:52 AM
All right people, settle down a bit.

This discussion is beginning to turn into a big argument.

I'm really not paranoid, they REALLY are all out to get me.

Metosblat
January 21st, 2001, 02:33 PM
I was not defending his theory I was defending Him. Because he's not a Nazi.
He's an Archaelogist and he deserves to be heard not shunned. I feel people are directing their anger at the wrong guy.
He says himself It's just a theory and it could possibly be wrong, but it could be right too. Anythings possible.
I was only persisting because people were asking me questions and I thought it would be rude not to answer.
If you wanna stop this conversation just say so, and it's gone, i'm not out to offend anyone, I just like dicussing controversial topics.

My next theory: evolution is full of crap!
what do you reckon?

Pluvious
January 21st, 2001, 06:44 PM
I was just reading a book on Arid Lands. In the desert animals and plants evolve to survive in these inhospitable environment. Its pretty amazing. And this is only one small example of evolution.

Thoughtcriminal84
January 21st, 2001, 07:09 PM
well, it's fine to say evolution is full of crap. But you need to say why you think so...You need to use scientific evidence that would be capable of surviving peer review in order to sway me. According to the creation scientists, they've already done so. Of course, all of the peer reviews performed on their work were done by *ahem* more creation scientists.

Evolution has several flaws, but the presence of these flaws, even including the infamous "bad biochemistry" argument, aren't anything that seems to actually punch a hole in evolutionary thought. This is unlike the "aether" theory which Einstein dispeled by creating special relativity. The concept of the aether was never shown to work by anyone, and there was never any proof of it's existence in the first place. It was, unfortunately, a bad theory.

evolution, meanwhile, has bags and bags of evidence to back it up. Some parts of it are being seen to not hold up to the light of scrutiny, but although any new theory will compensate for these mistakes, it will not change the over all theory in a sweeping way

Excellent material is out there for you if you are more interested in the subject, notably works by steven jay gould and richard dawson.

I am studying to be a biologist, and I routinely work in the Natural History museum...I've seen so many things that would indicate some form of punctuated change going on in various species that it will take some doing to convince me otherwise.

One thing that pops up quite often is that people assume I have been "brainwashed" by the system because I believe (yes believe) in evolution. This isn't the case...I was fortunate enough to have a very special class my freshman year, in which we were taught the power of critical thinking based upon observation and analysis...

In that class we were taught that Evolution wasn't true...or at least, we had to look at the evidence before us, with the professors watching, and see if it was true with our own eyes (we were also told that the sun revolves around the earth, the geocentric view of the universe...) The profs did everything they could think of to convince us that the major tenents of science were false. There was a time when they had done such a good job that I actually doubted them (it was harder to disprove the geocentric view of the universe than it sounds. We couldn't reference anything on it, although we had been assigned copernicus and tycho brahne in other classes)...you should sometime listen to something like that, because it forces you to really think about the accepted truths of the day, without the filter of the establishment to look through. It was perhaps my all time favorite class, because it succedded in showing me a better way of looking at the world.

Anyway, i've rambled on long enough about this. If you want to e-mail me to talk this over, feel free. I've got scads of stuff I can mention, but this board isn't the place for it.

Metosblat
January 21st, 2001, 08:33 PM
I just finished reading this book(writen by a creationist) where the author took both sides. He was kinda Biased towards creation because he was religious, but I thought he did a good job representing both.
He said he was unsure either way because no-one can prove anything, but it was his hope that there was a god.
Because their is no way of testing evolution he said it should be dismissed as a scientific theory just like creation is dismissed. I thought that sounded reasonable. But the way school teachers ram it down my throat you'd think it was a full blown scientific fact. That's my reason for saying it's full of crap.
But it is possible, anythings possible.

Rupert Avery
January 21st, 2001, 09:04 PM
I tend to belive that evolution by nature was the way the human race got to where it is now.But evolution by nature is no longer the way humans will evolve.I think we are now evolving ourselves.If its cold outside we go inside and turn the heater on, if its hot we turn on the Air conditioner.Before our body be it, hair,skin,brain or anything would slowly change over a hell of a lot of years to suit our world.We now change the world to suit us,and we do it a lot quicker.

The sun is now giving us cancer if we go to the beach alot our bodies do not like to get burnt.It kills us but do we stop no.We invent a cream we rub on us and we have almost the perfect skin to stay in the sun all day and not get burnt.

I am only 23 and I belive if not my kids(I have none yet)but my kids kids have a real chance of living forever what with the way science is going with cloning and the way we can even pick the sex of our children,which will have a huge impact on the human race.

I hope this made some sense to you all because I did to me. I think