View Full Version : Conspiracy Theories

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10

Rob B
January 28th, 2001, 10:12 AM
Metosblat: You REALLY like pushing the buttons don't you?

BEGIN CONJECTURE:
Well AFAIK- AIDS has been around close to 100 years, but it was becoming more prevalent in the 1980's. Some scients believe that it was originally a simian (monkey, chimp, etc) virus that was spread to humans in Africa and then it was spread to other continents over time.

There have been indications in many of Nostradamus(sp?) that there would be some kind of widespread disease at the end of the century.

Others have said that it is a punishment from God on all of the indecent sexual sinners in the world for spilling the seed and partaking in unholy sexual acts.

Did the government create it for biological warfare and it escaped (sorry, The Stand by Stephen King just fell off my shelf).
END CONJECTURE

To go back to the Pope thing--The Pope is becoming less and less relevant and pertinent to what happens in the world. He still is an important world leader, but he does not have the same "pull" that He did many years ago.

[This message has been edited by FitzFlagg (edited January 28, 2001).]

Metosblat
January 28th, 2001, 02:46 PM
It really isn't that inconcievable an idea, where did you get all your information about Aids. School? University? and who decides the curriculum of secondary and tertiary studies, surprise! the government.
I know it's a theory without any evidence and seems very unlikely but to call it idiotic is going to far. I'm not the only one who shares this opinion. I think someone said at the start of this topic that there is no proven link between The HIV virus and Aids. The government says there is a link. Even though it's totally different subject it proves that the government have lied about Aids before.

Pluvious
January 28th, 2001, 05:45 PM
I realize conspiracy theories are just a hobby for those discussing it, but those who take it seriously, without conviction or real facts makes the whole thing seem silly and even irresponsible. I prefer discussing or arguing about things that I am sure about, or have special knowledge about myself. Otherwise, aren't you just heaving unfounded theories in our direction just for fun or shock value? Its almost like advertising or something.

Cadfael
January 28th, 2001, 06:08 PM
I tend to go with Pluvious on this one... a theory with no evidence... how can that be? In fact I would not even call it a theory... at best it is conjecture, at worst it is a fantasy... pun intended.

FitzFlagg... 'The White Plague' by Frank Herbert, just flew across the room and hit me on the back of the head http://www.sffworld.com/ubb/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by dennizm (edited January 28, 2001).]

PENTIAK
January 29th, 2001, 03:34 AM
Government cover-up theories make me laugh.
It's all just a little niaeve. It is concievable, particularly with organisations such as CIA/NSA etc. that we're not privvy to stuff that would possibly make our skin crawl- but I mean, c'mon, you're reeeally giving them credit I think. The government that is, I mean any or all polititians are idiots- fact of life being intellectuals never get elected, only the one with the nicest hair, or the best-scripted BS...
You think Bush II is capable of covering up a conspiricy? He probably needs the Secret Service to tie his shoelaces.

Charles
January 29th, 2001, 04:01 PM
I may try to work for the CIA one day, in the history part, and if I do work there, I will find out what they have hidden in every corner. You guys will be the first to know when I find something out... Oh wait, this post would mean the inability for them to hire me. I guess I will have to keep it secret from you guys also so that I don't lose my job.
On a side note, Shrub (little Bush) would not be able to keep a secret or hide a conspiracy if his father were still running the CIA. He is the essence of stupidity, if the Skix from Dark Crystal were to drain his essence, they would all become much dumber and then they would probably fall into the pit below the crystal themselves.

Metosblat
January 29th, 2001, 08:19 PM
Offcoarse I have no evidence, if I had any it would become a fact instead of a theory. The Aids, san francisco, africa thing could just be a coincidence. But I think the government hides alot of things from the public, more than anyone would think posible and I also think anyone who thinks otherwise is just deluding themselves with trust.

PENTIAK
January 30th, 2001, 06:04 AM
Which dudes were the Skix?
They wern't the big mad black insecty things were they, them things were the most vicious yokes, at least in puppet terms...
(wish my topix were popular...sniffle, sniffle http://www.sffworld.com/ubb/frown.gif )

[This message has been edited by PENTIAK (edited January 30, 2001).]

Ntschotschi
January 30th, 2001, 09:34 AM
Metosblat
ehm...are you just a tiny little bit...paranoid?

Metosblat
January 30th, 2001, 08:10 PM
Not paranoid really, I just don't trust anyone who does terrible things to people and then turns around and critisises someone else for doing the same thing.
I won't mention the certain governments i'm talking about because it'd be like mashing my fist on the button board, and I don't argue well in words.