View Full Version : Conspiracy Theories

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Metosblat
January 15th, 2001, 02:26 AM
To go waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy away from the Fantasy/scifi talk. I'm getting sick of all the Tolkien Vs Jordan, Tolkien Vs Martin, Tolkien Vs everyone talks. So i've decided to talk about another favourite subject of mine; conspiracies. I won't say anything yet until someone shows any interest.
so what are your favourite Theories? (if you have any)

Cadfael
January 15th, 2001, 05:12 AM
That the Holy Grail was actually Mary Magdelene, and the holy blood she carried was either her unborn child fathered by Jesus, or a son about 9 months old. She was accompanied by Joseph of Aramathea

They settled in France, at the Renne la Chatue, and this was the real reason behind the Pope giving the order to wipe out the Cathar's. The last thing he wanted was proof that Jesus was a normal man, with normal desires. It was a decendent of this boy who sat on the throne of Jerusalem after one of the crusades.

FitzChivalry
January 15th, 2001, 09:01 AM
Gabriel Knight 3 is one of my favorite games ever.

Cadfael
January 16th, 2001, 03:54 AM
The theory I posted about above was first proposed by Michael Benguat, in his book The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail, I do not take theory's from video games!!!!

FitzChivalry
January 16th, 2001, 09:25 AM
Heh, geez man, relax.

Go play some Gabriel Knight 3, great historical and paranormal mystery.

Thoughtcriminal84
January 16th, 2001, 02:31 PM
Being american I have always been swamped by the JFK assassination theories. That whole thing has been over analyzed, important though it was. Too many theories on it. I've got three books with three different perceptions of what happened that day, and I can go down to the library and find twenty or thirty more in about ten minutes.

My favorite con theory comes from Dr. kary Mullis, the 1993 Nobel Prize winner in Chemistry. After inventing PCR, he became something of a scientific celebrity (you all should really read his autobiography "Dancing Naked in the Mind Field"...it's smart and funny as hell).
After being asked to study up on the AIDS virus in order to do talks, Mullis came to the conclusion that the supposed link between HIV and AIDS has never been proven.
Mullis, who obviously doesn't want to be shot for this observation, veils his reasons why pretty well, but it's clear he thinks the whole thing is designed to make the public feel more at ease, and, far more importantly, to make the Drug Companies a whole LOT of money.

Mullis isn't alone in this belief, and if you surf the internet for awhile you'll find all sorts of groups that feel the same way about this subject.

I'll tell you what, if they are right, we're in trouble. But as it stands, it's only a conspiracy theory right now.

Metosblat
January 16th, 2001, 04:14 PM
Ok the fake Lunar landing.
a lot of people seem to really dislike me bringing this up. But i feel there is a helluva lot of evidence saying that the 1969 lunar landing took place in a movie studio instead of on the moon. I'm not saying that we have never gone to the moon i'm just saying that america fake the first one because of the pressure put on them by their people.

Pluvious
January 16th, 2001, 07:32 PM
Oh boy...

Drewids
January 16th, 2001, 08:50 PM
Metosblat has a point though. Who filmed Armstrong's first steps? The Eagle was clearly in the picture, but if Armstrong was the first to walk on the moon then who set up the camera?

Some have said there was a seperate vehicle that landed that had the camera on it, but I have never seen any documentation or discussions on this other "craft"

Just throwing out some info to chew on http://www.sffworld.com/ubb/smile.gif

Cadfael
January 17th, 2001, 02:32 AM
FitzChivaly... I'm relaxed man http://www.sffworld.com/ubb/smile.gif

Baldur's Gate 1&2 blows Gabriel Knight 3 out of the water (BOOM) http://www.sffworld.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Drewids... I think the camera was on a robotic arm, which was then extended to show PART of the Eagle landing craft, very mundane I'm afraid http://www.sffworld.com/ubb/frown.gif

[This message has been edited by dennizm (edited January 17, 2001).]