PDA

View Full Version : What mangas and comic books are you following monthly/weekly?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Plop Fuzzle
January 21st, 2007, 05:06 PM
In Comics I'm following Y, Civil War, Ultimates, anything Wildstorm(for the time being), Fables, Ultimate Spiderman, 100 bullets, and Sandman Mystery Theatre. I'm probably following some other stuff but I can't think of them right now.

In Manga I follow Iron Wok Jan. On the internet I follow Naruto, Bleach, XXXholics, MAR, AirGear, Mahou Sensei Negima. I don't know what happen to Initial D and Hunter x Hunter.

Monty Mike
January 21st, 2007, 05:08 PM
Can I ask how you find Air Gear? I am currently reading Tenjho Tenge and love it. :D

Plop Fuzzle
January 21st, 2007, 05:53 PM
AirGear can be found with http://www.mangaupdates.com/

If you don't mind there is also http://www.stoptazmo.com/

Monty Mike
January 21st, 2007, 06:06 PM
AirGear can be found with http://www.mangaupdates.com/

If you don't mind there is also http://www.stoptazmo.com/
LOL, I mean how do you enjoy it? What do you think of it? :D

redhead
January 21st, 2007, 07:05 PM
i'm still on my usual Fullmetal Alchemist obsession. picked up volume 4 the other day (yeah, i know, i'm WAY behind).

speaking of old school, i'm also making my way through Tokyo Babylon & Cowboy Bebop.

edited to add: my next birthday gift to myself will be a subscription to Shonen Jump.

cheese
January 21st, 2007, 09:40 PM
The manga that I follow weekly includes Negima, xxxHOLiC, Berserk, and Hellsing. Other then that I am reading a couple of other manga series that are already completed.

Bobby
January 26th, 2007, 10:44 AM
In terms of comics I'm following Ion/Green Lantern, Connor Hawke and Blue Beetle. I'm not much of a Marvel guy but if Gambit ever gets another series I'll certainly pick that up too.

I'm more of a manga guy if truth be told and right now I'm indulging in a little bit of mysogyny and toilet humour with GTO (I disagree with the constant objectifying of women but agree wholeheartedly with Onizuka's propensity for mind-bogglingly impossible facial ticks).
I'm also reading Blame! by Tsotumo Nihei, which is one of the best Mangas I've ever read hands down so if you all haven't already, read that.

ShadrachAnki
May 24th, 2007, 11:49 PM
I haven't been keeping track of the American comic market for the past few years. For a while there I was picking up issues of Ultimate X-Men along with a few other series, but I missed a few issues and never got back into it. Oh, and I borrowed the first Runaways compliation volume from the public library a few months back. My most recent comic purchase would have to be <i>ElfQuest: The Discovery</i>, and that was also several months ago.

On the manga front, however...well, I really need to cut back here as well. I'm actively following Black Cat, Prince of Tennis, Eyeshield21, La Corda d'Oro, Hana Kimi, Fruits Basket, xxxHolic, Tsubasa, +ANIMA, Red River, Emma, Penguin Revolution, and several others that I'm blanking on at the moment. My only saving grace is that most of them have fairly large gaps in their release schedules. *sigh*

~Shadrach Anki

James Carmack
May 25th, 2007, 01:46 AM
The only series I follow weekly is Inuyasha, either via text summaries online or an actual Shounen Sunday in the super when the mood strikes me. I kinda like to avoid reading the actual chapters as they're coming out so there's actually something "new" when they release the latest tankoubon. I've been reading a lot of Meitantei Conan lately, so I've gotten mildly annoyed at myself for spoiling major developments while I'm looking for IY. Ah, so it goes.

When it comes to manga, I usually just pick stuff up as the tankoubon get released. That's how I am with titles like Hellsing and Trigun, for instance.

redhead
May 26th, 2007, 10:13 AM
i just got into xxxHolic too, and LOVE it. in fact, i don't think there's anything from CLAMP I haven't enjoyed.

for you Prince of Tennis fans, i have tried to get into the anime show, and just can't make it more than ten minutes minutes. what am I missing? what's the draw?