PDA

View Full Version : Father Ted or Vicar of Dibley

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

gollumbells
January 23rd, 2007, 07:05 AM
Which series do you think is better? I personally think father ted is way better. The comedy is at my level and it actually makes me laugh. I do like vicar of dibley, but it isnt as good as father ted in my opinion.

Metal-Demon
January 23rd, 2007, 07:24 PM
Father Ted forever! One of the funniest comedy series programs I have ever had the pleasure to watch (again and again and again!)

http://www.mgnet.karoo.net/FATHER%20TED/fathertedmain.jpg

Father Dougal: God, I've heard about those cults Ted. People dressing up in black and saying Our Lord's going to come back and save us all.
Father Ted: No, Dougal, that's us. That's Catholicism.
Father Dougal: Oh right.

Father Dougal: Can I stay up tonight to watch the scary film?
Father Ted: Ah, no no no. The last time you stayed up to watch a scary film you ended up having to sleep in my bed. I wouldn't mind, but it wasn't even a scary film.
Father Dougal: Come on, Ted. A Volkswagen with a mind of its own. If that isn't scary, I don't know what is.

Mrs Doyle: Won't you have some cake, Father? It's got cocaine in it! Oh no, hang on, it's not cocaine, is it? What do I mean now? - the little things... Raisins!

Father Ted: What was it Father Jack used to say about the needy? He had a term for them.
Father Dougal: A shower of bastards.

Father Jack: Feck! Arse! Girls! Drink!

gollumbells
January 30th, 2007, 04:38 AM
They are showing father Ted on more 4 on sundays 2 times in a row at about 10 at night.

How quick can Father Jack down a bottle of whiskey?

Metal-Demon
January 30th, 2007, 10:45 AM
They are showing father Ted on more 4 on sundays 2 times in a row at about 10 at night.

How quick can Father Jack down a bottle of whiskey?

What, you don't own the DVD's?? Hell ... way better than waiting for them to be should on TV.:)

Ward
January 30th, 2007, 04:35 PM
No comparison, Ted is the sleek modern racer in contrast to the wood-paneled ass-heavy Dibley station wagon of times gone by.

I mean, what other show has a a nudie Father Jack mad on Toilet Duck?

gollumbells
January 31st, 2007, 04:18 AM
How much is the DVD box set?

Metal-Demon
January 31st, 2007, 11:33 AM
You should be able to get it pretty cheap online nowadays ... otherwise, just check out the prices at your local HMV (since you are in England).