PDA

View Full Version : Scifi films for 2007-2008

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

February 4th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Some of my favorite sci fi films coming out this year, major and independent.Please add to the list as you see fit.Some of these thread the line between horror and sci fi so beware.

The Number 23 Numbers follows us everywhere

Sunshine Astronauts head to the sun to detonate a nuclear explosive to save the earth.

TranceFormer Another Michael Bay hollywood splash

The Final Equation Scientist opens up a portal to another dimension using Einsteins ultimate theory.

The Quickening Global Apocalypse brought on by global warming.

The Book of Skulls Book rearranges reality.Left behind by aliens

Malefique Another Book movie about a group of convicts that find an opening through their prison .

28 days Later Pt 2

Konrad
February 5th, 2007, 04:55 AM
28 days Later Pt 2

What will that one be about?
All the zombies died, right?
:confused:

Wulfa_Jones
February 5th, 2007, 08:54 AM
It's called 28 Weeks Later and I' pretty sure the "zombies" didn't all die at the end.

juzzza
February 5th, 2007, 09:12 AM
What makes you think all the zombies died, Konrad? I didn't get that impression from either of the endings...

There's loads of great movies coming out but I think the one I am really keen to see is Outlander... starring James Caviezel and Ron Perlman, about... ah, I'll just quote imdb:

During the reign of the Vikings, Kainan (Caviezel), a man from a far-off world, crash-lands on Earth, bringing with him an alien predator known as the Moorwen. Though both man and monster seek revenge for violence committed against them, Kainan leads the alliance to kill the Moorwen by fusing his advanced technology with the Viking's Iron Age weaponry.

Who wouldn't be excited... vikings and alien monsters!?!

By the way, what happened to the American version of Dog Soldiers... did it ever get made?

I'm also looking foward to the Wolverine movie, The Fountain, Ghost Rider, His Dark Materials: The Golden Compass, and I'm hopeful that the second Narnia movie will be leagues better than the first instalment... which sucked... even my kids were bored.

Solaar
February 5th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Agreed, Narnia was a big let-down.

And the above mentioned "Sunshine Astronauts" film is another by the 28 Days Later crew and I think Cillian Murphy is in it again.

28 Months Later is more mainstream (I think) as the Americans come in to neutralise the "rage" virus and it all ends up back-firing.

And I know this isn't sci-fi http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=91474646&MyToken=2ee0c16e-1f67-43cb-8e17-8db0d784cd00 but I'm REALLY excited about this upcoming zombie film!

Solaar
with a finger on the pulse

Murrin
February 5th, 2007, 02:42 PM
What makes you think all the zombies died, Konrad? I didn't get that impression from either of the endings...
The whole "we just have to wait for them to starve to death" thing, combined with the close up shots of a couple of them, uh, starving to death at the end. Granted, the film didn't emphasise it much, but it was in there.

juzzza
February 21st, 2007, 12:12 PM
I think without a shadow of a doubt... my most anticipated movie in 2007 is 300.

Check out the official Website (http://300themovie.warnerbros.com/home.html?dl=undefined) for trailers and 'making-of' documentaries... just check out the video diary of the training required for the film and the creature effects... looks awesome!

Solaar
February 22nd, 2007, 02:46 AM
I think without a shadow of a doubt... my most anticipated movie in 2007 is 300.

Check out the official Website (http://300themovie.warnerbros.com/home.html?dl=undefined) for trailers and 'making-of' documentaries... just check out the video diary of the training required for the film and the creature effects... looks awesome!

Agreed, but is it me or is the film not getting saturation-advertising in the UK? All I've seen are the posters in the cinemas and thats it.

I've watched the trailers and this film looks BIG.

Solaar
rubs his hands with glee