PDA

View Full Version : Need help remembering a Movie or TV show? Ask here.

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59

Iron Horse
January 4th, 2007, 10:46 PM
Don't know the name but the theme is the usa in the future is run by an under ground goverment that keeps eveyone the same by handiecapping everyone so no one is better then anyone else. a rebel kid is recruted by the goverment to join them but he take control of the airwave and plays all kinds of cool music that was kept from the general public. he also gets the daughter of one of the leaders pregnet and she has her mind blanked out to forget. there son is born and it ends with him playing bootleg copies of the broadcast that him and his buddies listen to and they take off there handycap devices. the mom hears the music and she starts to cry because she hasn't forgot everything.

Hope that helps someone tell me the name of this moive.

Iron Horse

B5B7
January 5th, 2007, 07:59 AM
This sounds like the old classic movie Wild in the Streets (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_in_the_Streets).

Banger
January 5th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Is it the TV movie adaptation of Kurt Vonnegut's Harrison Bergeron (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113264/), starring Sean Astin?

Iron Horse
January 5th, 2007, 08:55 AM
Don't know the name but the theme is the usa in the future is run by an under ground goverment that keeps eveyone the same by handiecapping everyone so no one is better then anyone else. a rebel kid is recruted by the goverment to join them but he take control of the airwave and plays all kinds of cool music that was kept from the general public. he also gets the daughter of one of the leaders pregnet and she has her mind blanked out to forget. there son is born and it ends with him playing bootleg copies of the broadcast that him and his buddies listen to and they take off there handycap devices. the mom hears the music and she starts to cry because she hasn't forgot everything.

Hope that helps someone tell me the name of this moive.

Iron Horse

No thats not it. There was no band and the goverment keeps everything very 1950's like, clothes, dress, houses.

Iron Horse
January 5th, 2007, 08:59 AM
it takes place in the future but the goverment keeps everything very 1950's like. Houses, dress, styles. There was no band.
Hope someone can help

Iron Horse

Iron Horse
January 5th, 2007, 09:04 AM
You got Banger Thanks
How do you remeber that kind of stuff?

Banger
January 5th, 2007, 09:14 AM
You got Banger Thanks
How do you remeber that kind of stuff?

"Harrison Bergeron" is one of my favorite Kurt Vonnegut short stories :)

t_brister@bells
February 5th, 2007, 03:04 PM
I hope someone will recognize what my child says he saw as a child, he most likely saw this in the late 80's early 90's. Well here goes this is what he says the show/movie was about. "A girl kept hostage by some kind of witch that has a glass cabinet full of heads, she removes her head before going to bed. The girl can see her through a keyhole, and in this room where she is kept she finds a gold round ball that turns into a robot of some kind that she keeps going with a key in his back. She also makes a scarecrow come to life with something like magic dust? Ther scarecrow has a pumpkin head. At some point she escapes from the room and gets ahold of one of the heads and drops it, as it shatters on the floor all the other heads wake up and start screaming, which wakes the headless witch. This is all he remembers. I hope someone knows what this show/movie is, I am beginning to think he was having nightmares. Any help will be appreciated.:confused:

tracyt1800
February 5th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Sounds like the movie "Return to Oz".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return_to_Oz

Banger
February 5th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Sounds like Return to Oz (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089908/) :)