View Full Version : Supernatural Season 2

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

gollumbells
February 16th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Anybody watching the new series? Very good program although the last episode was a little poor it will come back to its best very soon.

just how are they going to kill the deamon without the colt?

Wulfa_Jones
February 22nd, 2007, 04:13 AM
I really like it... up to episode 10 of season 2. Got 11, 12 and 13 to watch.

I really like it, it reminds me of the good episodes of the X-Files - the ones where the focus wasn't always on aliens.

It's just got the right mix - good production values, scary moments, funny moments, action moments. I like the fact they have an established lore and a big old story arc.

I do have one complaint about the 2nd season and that is, I've found it focuses too much on the story arc - I think about 6 out of the 10 episodes I've watched have been about the "chosen children" or the demon.

gollumbells
February 22nd, 2007, 07:40 AM
Well the 3rd episode is on tonight in the uk i dont thin i will order it from abroad.

(should be on ff12 tomorrow yeah)

Wulfa_Jones
February 22nd, 2007, 10:14 AM
I tend to acquire them by less than legal means!

The clown episode (2nd episode) freaked me out.

gollumbells
March 2nd, 2007, 04:33 AM
Hmmmmm. I dont find that it freaks me out or even scares me. the clown episode was fairly good, but not up too full standard. I loved the end of the first series.

Wulfa_Jones
March 2nd, 2007, 04:38 AM
Yeah... but I just plain don't like clowns...

There are some pretty good episodes coming up.

gollumbells
March 2nd, 2007, 04:42 AM
Whats so scary about clowns? they have big red noses and feet and squirt water at each other.

Thulsadoom
April 3rd, 2007, 09:27 AM
I've been enjoying the 2nd series. I really think it's picked up the pace and improved things from the 1st series, which was fairly run-of-the-mill, spotting the movie rip-offs. It's a shame, as it may have lost a lot of viewers in the 1st series, that might find it pretty good now. It's also handling its over-all arc pretty well, I think. The episodes stand alone, to give you a satisfying hour of TV, but add to the main story. I think that's the best way to handle things. I think the addition of the other recurring characters has strengthened it as well (The woman running the bar, and her daughter). I just hope it keeps up the level of quality.

Wulfa_Jones
April 8th, 2007, 09:53 AM
really think it's picked up the pace and improved things from the 1st series, which was fairly run-of-the-mill, spotting the movie rip-offs.

I don't think they were movie rip-offs... many of the 1st season episodes were based on urban legends or general fears and phobias and these are often the basis for films.

I have liked the second season, with the greater story starting to take focus. The episode I've enjoyed the most was Crotoan, but the Tall Tales epsiode was also pretty fun. I'm a few episodes behind, but only 2 or 3 there seems to be a few weeks between new episodes in the US. Freaky the way US TV works.

I hear it's not yet been renewed for next season...

Khallandra
April 22nd, 2007, 05:39 AM
Sometimes I wish it would go back to some urban legends. The last episode was great though, it definitely fitted the vibe that was in Season 1, the werewolf episode was too emo for me.

Bring back more dorky!Dean.