PDA

View Full Version : Titles... The Good, Bad, and Ugly

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

jallenw
March 5th, 2007, 02:16 AM
What are some of the best, worst, and weirdest book titles you have read, written thought of, or heard?

A friend of mine noticed that my initials are J. A. W. He said that I should write shark novels. Here are the results of the following conversation. The quotes are some of his replies to my suggestions.

ooh or J. A. W. z
you should write shark books

"Teeth from the Deep" by J. A. W. z
"Fin Circle" by J. A. W. z

you're thinking too narrow Jacob, come on man!

"Surf for Blood" by J. A. W. z

maybe it's a magical robot shark that came from the future to make mankind bowdown and respect his authorit-ai!

"Attack of the Bionic Alien Shark Trolls from 2666" by J. A. W. z

BAM man, now that's a novel!

What do you guys think? Isn't that just the worst title you could ever come up with? I dare you to top it.

Global Thermo Nuclear Peace,
J. Allen Wentworth

James Carmack
March 5th, 2007, 03:10 AM
"Attack of the Bionic Alien Shark Trolls from 2666"... Can we say "movie deal"? ^o^

Here's a real charmer: "The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies!!?"

Fans of MST3K should recognize that one. Ah, poor Ortega... *bows head for a moment of silence*

Ajax Torbin
March 24th, 2007, 03:52 PM
a truly bad title is a run-on setence, like so:
"It came from the living room to suck and some times slurp and then kill and maim people spesificaly young white blond female collage students with perfect skin who dress inapproperately for the weather here in the north then slides and/or slithers back to whenst it came to await another day."

OR is a cheesy rip off:
"The further adventures of the returning revenge of the son of sally(or insert other bad guy name here) [^F.A.R.R.S.S^]
part two: the bloat comes back
[^ yes, i meant bloat^]
just add a 'to be continued . . ." at the end and its the worst ever made.