PDA

View Full Version : The Office

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Esme
March 6th, 2007, 04:47 PM
I really really wish that I had written The Office - BBC version. The Yank version is great too, but there's just something bleaker and funnier about the first one. This is my pick for the est ever writing and characterisation on TV.
What does everyone think? Is The Office genius?

kahnovitch
March 8th, 2007, 12:58 AM
I've seen a couple of episodes, and the show never really grabbed me.
I honestly can't see what all the fuss is about.

The best comedic moments for me were between Mackenzie Crook (Gareth) and Martin Freeman (Tim).

I didn't really rate Ricky Gervais.

Give me "Spaced" any day.

Thulsadoom
April 3rd, 2007, 09:29 AM
I never could stand the UK version, I'm afraid. It's just a matter of different tastes, I suppose, but that kind of comedy just falls flat with me, as do the characters. I watched a bit, and just couldn't understand what all the fuss was about.

Ward
April 3rd, 2007, 10:31 AM
I cast a vote in favor of 'genius.'

boggle
April 10th, 2007, 10:12 AM
I loved the UK version of The Office - the excruciating moments of embarrassment, the finely-crafted characters of Tim and Gareth, the idiousness of David Brent - pretty much faultless.

The US version I was less keen on initially but now that it has taken on its own direction and format - 16 eps per series not 6 - and its own different characters, it's actually kinda growing on me. Pity it's on such dumb times, parked in the digital backwaters.