View Full Version : Any Boardgamers?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

clockwirk
March 7th, 2007, 08:10 PM
I figure that this forum is primarily about games of the video persuasion, but I was wondering if anybody here is into boardgames, specifically euro-style games like Settlers of Catan or Carcassonne. Lots of these games cross over into the Fantasy and SF realm, so I figured there would potentially be some interest. Myself, I've got Settlers of Catan with the Cities and Knights and Seafarers expansions, Carcassonne, Citadels, Lost Cities, Rheinlander, I'm the Boss...
Any others?

gollumbells
March 8th, 2007, 08:07 AM
I have monopoly, jump the queue, lottery, sequence, mouse trap, cluedo, frstration, hungry hippos and the lord of the rings board game. (questions from the book not film which gives me a very good advantage)

Only play them when my little brother and sister come round.

Rob B
March 8th, 2007, 09:47 PM
There was one board game I loved and is being re-released.

I speak of Talisman (http://www.blacklibrary.com/news.asp?page=1&disp=25&id=271)

Muess
March 19th, 2007, 11:45 AM
I for one love all games. Settlers is awesome, my sister and brother in law really enjoy it so they have all the expansions and I used to go over there most Sundays to play back when I lived in New Zealand.

I'm also a big fan of Risk and have a few friends here in the UK that also play so we get together every now and again for a Risk afternoon.

I have fond memories of Talisman also. I used to play it a lot with one of my best friends back in my younger days. It's a great game though I'm not sure how it will age.

Konrad
March 20th, 2007, 05:49 AM
Warhammer 40000. I've played it a few times and it can almost beat roleplaying for a few hours.

Thulsadoom
April 3rd, 2007, 06:25 AM
I've got Star Wars Monopoly and Risk. Problem is getting people to play them with! ;-) Unfortunately "her indoors" (To quote David Dickinson!) isn't interested. Used to play some Star Wars Role-Playing game as well, but haven't for years. Still got it all in boxes, though! :D

Bond
April 3rd, 2007, 02:52 PM
I used to start playing Monopoly with friends but we would never ever finish a game. By the way do people play Monopoly according to the rules it comes with? Everytime I started a game with someone they played according to their own variant.

Gildor
April 6th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Blimey, the days of my childhood spent on boardgames, they were fantastic.

Stuff like Monopoly, Frustration, Cluedo, Boggle, Scrabble, Pictionary ...

My Personnal favourite was Sharpes Attack.

Man, now that was a fun game!

Never got much into the fantasy Science fiction side of boardgames, I played Atmosphere and Zombies a few times, they were fun.

RichardD
April 21st, 2007, 05:50 PM
I'm currently writing the rulebook for a game to be published by Mayfair Games in the next 12 months or so. And last week I stole a copy of Risk Express from the designer (one of only two advance copies the publisher had sent him - it's a great little game by the way). And in June I'm running the Heroscape table at the UK Games Expo in Birmingham (http://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/). So yes, I think I qualify as a boardgamer :)

CiciTj
April 24th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Thud!!

My family must have every board game known to man...from cluedo, to scooby to 3D, various Harry Potter games, Chronicles of Narnia game, Adventures in Neopia, and classics like scrabble and backgammon....

We play a board game every night before bed...so I defenitaly think I classify as a board-gamer...:)