PDA

View Full Version : What Are You Writing?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

World Builder
March 12th, 2007, 08:54 AM
It seems to me that fantasy writers make up the majority around here, but I thought I would put that theory to the test and see how the forum breaks down.

For the recond, I'm about 50% SF, 50% Fantasy.

WB

Liathano
March 12th, 2007, 09:29 AM
As you have read mine already you know I write fantasy. There should also be a column for would like to write in the other genre. I think writing sci-fi would be very interesting. The settings you could create would be very complex. We had to read the Chrysalids by John Wyndham in high school and loved it. :p

JamesL
March 12th, 2007, 09:52 AM
There was no fantasy + horror option, which I think I would have voted for. I went for fantasy though, because I certainly don't write sci-fi. I think you'll find that the majority of members here write fantasy.

Dazzlinkat
March 12th, 2007, 10:41 AM
I write fanstasy, as has been noticed. Maybe someday I will breakout into others but for now, I want to focus on fantasy work.

Miriamele
March 12th, 2007, 10:55 AM
I write fantasy, although I haven't worked on my book for longer than I'd care to admit. :o

Tony Williams
March 12th, 2007, 11:00 AM
When it comes to fiction, just SF for me (The Foresight War and Scales so far).

But I also write non-fiction, on military technology subjects (currently working on one book on machine guns and another on naval guns).

kater
March 12th, 2007, 11:25 AM
I'm currently writing several sf comics, with some religion and some RL so put me down for sf.

Dawnstorm
March 12th, 2007, 12:03 PM
I write mostly SF, which isn't really apparant on this site, as I'm currently talking about my novel in progress, which is fantasy. I tend to look at fantasy with a SF eye, though; this means (to me) that "puzzling out magic" takes precedent over "being in awe of it". (In my novel, I treat magic as a nearly depleted resource; although the energy itself doesn't vanish, the shapes it takes become uniform. Now that I look at it that way, it does look like an entropy metaphor...)

I don't consciously write horror, but I may have a story or two that could take the label. Other things I've written: fairy tales, absurd/surrealist fiction, some poetry, main-stream short stories (I'm too lazy to classify them).

I often don't think of genre while writing and should I ever get published I'd definitely leave the categorisation to the experts (agents or publishers).

What I voted, though, was "mainly SF, with a bit of F".

juzzza
March 12th, 2007, 12:23 PM
I write fantasy, sci fi, horror, crime, mystery and action adventures! So went for the fantasy with a bit on the side, option!

Michael B
March 12th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Most of what I write is fantasy merely because my ideas work better in it.