PDA

View Full Version : V for Vendetta Graphic Novel

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Esmenet
March 16th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Ok so I've been dying to read the graphic novel, after becoming obsessed with the movie. I can't find the author of it though. And I also wanted to know if it is better/worse than the movie and if their is any significant differences.

vicki_girl
March 16th, 2007, 09:59 AM
According to Amazon the authors are Alan Moore and David Lloyd.

Though, I haven't read it, but loved the movie also. So I'm interested to know what other people thought of it too.

:D

Miriamele
March 16th, 2007, 11:37 AM
I've read it, it's quite good, and most people think it's better than the movie.

Rob B
March 16th, 2007, 08:48 PM
I read it and loved it. I think the art tends to be uneven, but that is more due to the strange publishing history of the comics, going from one publisher to another as well as delays between issues.

That said, I'm moving this over to the comics forum.

Esmenet
March 16th, 2007, 09:19 PM
I read it and loved it. I think the art tends to be uneven, but that is more due to the strange publishing history of the comics, going from one publisher to another as well as delays between issues.

That said, I'm moving this over to the comics forum.

Thanks. I have to go find it now. Mabye I'll just order it on amazon. I'm really into comic art too, because I have an obsessions with drawing so I'm really anxious to see what it looks like.

vicki_girl
March 19th, 2007, 10:09 AM
I was lucky enough to find it within my local library system. They had to bring it over from another library, but it should be ready for me to pick up in a few days.

Then again, you may be the type that buys....

Esmenet
March 19th, 2007, 04:53 PM
I was lucky enough to find it within my local library system. They had to bring it over from another library, but it should be ready for me to pick up in a few days.

Then again, you may be the type that buys....

haha i have no problem with the library. i'm going to go look today i think and see if they can find it at another library, because I know its not at mine. :( Or maybe I'll just go to a comic book store.

Soon Lee
March 25th, 2007, 03:16 AM
Alan Moore, huge name in comics.

The comic & movie share a very similar look & feel, but ultimately, the messages are different.

Alan Moore has issues with DC Comics, which publishes it & as a result, requested that his name be omitted from the movie. Which is why the movie credits has "V For Vendetta" as being based on a graphic novel illustrated by David Lloyd, with no indication of writer.

Me, I think the comic is vastly superior.