PDA

View Full Version : Another lost book

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Cath.Barr
March 18th, 2007, 12:39 AM
in the 70's I read a fantastic book. However, I was young and now don't remember the title or the author. If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it.
The book was another 'end of world'. The main character - a scientist noted that the world was going to turn on it's axis but of course wasn't believed by anyone. He decided that to 'get attention' the he would make an assassination attempt on the American president (although he only used wax bullets so didn't mean to kill anyone). ... Book goes on, he's sort of believed and in the end, the world is desperately trying to get an information portal so to speak set up somewhere in Africa where they believe the least impact of the 'flip' will be. The book ends as the main characters are travelling on a plane and the lights of the world go out.
Thanks to anyone who can help!

MannysFlorist
March 18th, 2007, 02:49 AM
that sounds like a movie from the 70s where a guy finds out the us is going to be bombed so he tries to leave town and he gets 7-8 people that believe him at first in the end they were on the plane and the bomb went off.

I also recall a book with a similar story so I am still searching

MannysFlorist
March 18th, 2007, 03:11 AM
if you could remember the publisher the date published or even any awards it received I can find it for you with in the hour.

Cath.Barr
March 23rd, 2007, 10:20 PM
sorry, just don't have any more info than I've already given

Colonel Worf
March 24th, 2007, 03:42 AM
I Googled wax bullets, axis, president, and book.

Voila:

The HAB Theory by Allen W Eckert (1976)

http://www.habtheory.com/1/hab0.php

Cath.Barr
March 24th, 2007, 04:22 PM
That's it! Thanks so much.