SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

pat5150
March 29th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Hi guys,

Well, some of you have known about this for a while, yet I wanted to wait till things had settled down before making an announcement. I know that all here are aspiring writers, so hopefully this will encourage you to persevere and not let go of your dreams.

Though the contract has not been signed yet, it seems that my 7-year wait is at an end. To all ends and purposes, it appears that I will soon be represented by the prestigious literary agency Sanford J. Greenburger Associates, Inc, in New York City. Yes, the same agency that handles Dan Brown, among many other successful authors worldwide. And since they accept about 2 percent of the material they receive every year, I feel privileged, to say the least!

Matt Bialer has been showing interest in my fantasy manuscript, The Eye of the Serpent, since January. He totally blew my mind when he told me he wanted to represent it! His clients include Tad Williams, Tracy Hickman, Patrick Rothfuss, W. Michael Gear and Kathleen O'Neal Gear, as well as many others. Matt has been selling fantasy/scifi manuscripts for more than two decades, so it doesn't get much better than this! He has already asked me about potential publishers and editors I'd like to work with, and I must admit that it all feels surreal at the moment! Even better, he has passed along my sample material from Time of your Life (my non-fiction manuscript)to one of his colleagues.

The journey is far from over, that goes without saying. Yet I am one step closer to my objective of one day being published, and right now it's all that matters!;) Matt is calling me tomorrow to discuss strategy, etc, so these are pretty exciting times for me!

Best of luck with your own writing endeavors!

Patrick

kater
March 29th, 2007, 11:39 AM
Congratulations pat that's awesome news :) With all the interviews and reviews you do it never crossed my mind you'd have enough time to write as well.

AgentRustyBones
March 29th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Congrats on the success to date.

May you sign a nice big contract with many zeroes in it with a publsiher very soon!

Doug
aka Agent Rusty Bones

JamesL
March 29th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Pat, that is wonderful news. Really pleased for you, make sure you keep us informed!

Dazzlinkat
March 29th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Congrats on great news! Nice going!

Tony Williams
March 29th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Well done indeed! Almost as rare as winning the national lottery :rolleyes:

Holbrook
March 29th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Wonderful news!!!!!

BrianC
March 29th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Now if you can just keep from beating up on defenseless, cranky old writers . . .

Seriously though, was that seven years since you started writing the ms, or seven years that you shopped for an agent?

wwfward
March 29th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Congratulations!!!

Are you allowed to post a teaser to what your book is about?

Abby
March 29th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Wowie! Congratulations!!! That's encouraging to hear, seriously. Good luck with your future sales. :) Don't forget to post here again when your book premieres!

I love hearing about writers who've taken a long time. It makes me feel a little better about my seven years.