PDA

View Full Version : Shot in a dark...help.. :)

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Keyoke
April 16th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Ok, I stumbled across a article, which, I did not bookmark. Basically, it was talking about some of the newer authors/books coming out in the next few months.

One was, Acacia: Book One: The War With the Mein (Hardcover)
by David Anthony Durham (Author)

So, this article went on to recomend a other author. This is the one I need help on, and it's going to be vague, but, let's hope it jogs someone else's memory.

Sci-Fi, seems to be in the vain of Karl Scroeder Sun of Suns, seems like the world is 'enclosed', follows a young kid, travels all over the enclosed realm. At one part, he is going up a waterfall of some sort..or something similiar to it. Very bizarre world it seems. Not yet published...maybe in May?

Any hope? :)

Keyoke

suciul
April 16th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Sci-Fi, seems to be in the vain of Karl Scroeder Sun of Suns, seems like the world is 'enclosed', follows a young kid, travels all over the enclosed realm. At one part, he is going up a waterfall of some sort..or something similiar to it. Very bizarre world it seems. Not yet published...maybe in May?

Any hope? :)

Keyoke

The only one that comes to mind is Mainspring by Jay Lake (June 07, clockwork universe), not sure if that's the one you are looking for.

Keyoke
April 16th, 2007, 10:20 PM
Dude, that is totally the book I was thinking of!!

Awesome..thank you so much, it's been driving me mad these last few days. :)

Keyoke:D