PDA

View Full Version : No idea what to read next..

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Ajax12
April 17th, 2007, 12:29 AM
I just read all of One Piece(the ones come out so far) and had finished what came out of Naruto.
Can anyone suggest a manga similar to these two ,more so simliar to One Piece.
Thanks in advance.

Dranxis
April 22nd, 2007, 09:52 PM
Hmmm... One Piece is pretty unique, even as far as shonen go. It's tough to find one as crazily imaginative as it. However, another good series in the same vein as Naruto, (actually, Naruto was very obviously influenced by it) is Hunter x Hunter. It's a great manga you don't hear about often anymore, though it was insanely popular before Naruto came out. It starts out fairly simple, about a boy trying to find his father... But as each arc builds upon the last, it starts to get more unique. One arc takes place in New York City and involves the mafia, another takes place in a virtual reality RPG game, another is a bizarre exam similar to the Chunin (but far crazier). Anyway, I'd actually recommend the anime over the manga. The artist behind Hunter x Hunter has been ill for the past few years, and his art has suffered for it. The anime however has consistent animation and actually improves the story quite a bit, adding in scenes with more character development and such. It's not licensed so you can find the whole series fansubbed on the internet if you look.

Only warning though, is that it's unfinished and nobody knows when the creator will start working on it again anytime soon.

Black.Rose.Sin
October 6th, 2007, 12:18 PM
i agree with Dranxis. one piece is very oringinal, but here are some comic books I've been reading:

Inuyasha
FMA
Whistle
Rave MAster
Fruit Baskets
ranma 1/2( i already fin this series. its good!!)
Buso renkin
ruroni Kenshin( also very good)
Tsubasa
The Prince of Tennis
Bleach
Hikaru no Go
and
Kingdom Hearts

enjoy!